The chip amp boys sent me here...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum.

I am told I was in the wrong forum. I am told I have a class D amp, so I need to be on this part of the forum, not the chip amp part. I am in need of help with a class D amp I purchased. Not being an expert in electronics, I decided to buy rather than try to build for right now.

The problem is the amp has a large amount of HISS. Not hum, just hiss.

The amp is a "HLLY" brand, model "Tamp -90". It uses a chip numbered 2024.

Here is an eBay item number. If you punch it in the search bar on eBay and scroll down you can see detailed photos of the inside.

Item number 330316621345

The company has sent me decent photos and suggested certain capacitor additions to the board. I would be comfortable doing this, but need additional information. For example they didn't tell me what voltage or type of cap to use, nor the + or - orientation of the small pF caps suggested.

Things like that, and the exact placement of these caps are not quite clear to me.

I don't want to take a chance and ruin the amp.

I could e-mail someone the photos with my list of questions. Right now I will attempt to post what HLLY sent me.

I would love to get this nasty hiss out because my alternative is to send the thing back to Taiwan.

Thanks,
Mark

G'Day to you too!

Hi,

Nice to make your acquaintance. I must have typed the wrong number for the chip.

I have a Word document HLLY sent me that I would like to e-mail to you.

They talk of adding some caps at certain places but I am not sure of the specific placement, type of caps (like, what voltage they should be, etc.)

Maybe we can figure it out together, or with the help of some of the other guys on this forum. I see a guy from HLLY is on this forum too. You'd think they would want their amps sounding right?

Doesn't look very difficult to implement. My only thing is no electronics store very close so the parts may have to be ordered.

Send me an e-mail direct to ms_williams@hotmail.com

Mark

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.