30 Watt Class D IC that uses a single rail

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone …

I am a newcomer to the world of class D amplifiers and I wonder if anyone can help me with the following.

I need to build a mono amplifier with an analogue input, preferably balanced, that can deliver around 30 watts into an 8 ohm load using a single rail supply. There is no room for a large heatsink, hence Class D, and it would also be nice if it was easy to mount i.e. utilises a Flexiwatt or Multiwatt package or similar (my eyesight is not what it was!)

Can anyone suggest a suitable IC that is readily available?

tpa3122d2 from TI. Its a 20Pin DIP, package couldn't be easier.
It runs pretty cool. But I'd still solder it down, rather than trust
a socket to keep it that way.

Actually 15W per channel stereo, but will drive 30W mono bridge.
In mono bridge, the inputs are differential, just as requested.

Thanks to kenpeter and theanonymous1 for the information, it has saved me a lot of time searching for a suitable device.

I have just downloaded the datasheet for the TPA3122D2 and it seems ideal - in fact it seems to good to be true!

I am of an age that I still find it amazing that these devices can be so efficient that they don't require a significant external heatsink.
I look forward to seeing how well it performs ...

Thanks again.

hey friends, i want to build an amp with the same specs than MAROC7.
Any of you can send me where to give schematic (or even.. pcb!) for a SIMPLE (i'm not so expert, only enthusiast) d-amp using TPA3122D2N , in BTL mode? i know that i should not ask, but i hope that someone want to give me an hand.
i saw the prototype by theAnonymous1 and is really fantastic!
thank you guys

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.