Mono to stereo input wiring question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everybody,

i`am planning on a UcD180 stereo power amp for guitar. Both mono modules will be in one case so there will be 2 mono inputs (depending on what this feature needs, standard mono, switchable or stereo instrument jacks).
So far so good but in addition i need one of the inputs to be able to send its mono signal to both modules simultaneously and that`s my main question.

Most importantly, this feature should be selectable (via switch etc.) and should not have any negative effects on the audio quality.

It would be very nice if you could help me out with some ideas or wiring schematics and the parts needed.

Thanks

jack-socket.jpg

Is a switched mono socket

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Is a switched stereo socket

(all earths are common, no need to be switched)

You need two mono sockets and one stereo.

Wire up the left and right input to the stereo jack fingers.

Wire up the mono tip fingers to the switched stereo tabs.

Wire up the tip switched tab of the mono sockets to the other sockets tip finger.

Voila !

:)/sreten.

Thanks for the answers, just saw them because i wasn`t getting any notifications.

I understand that the last wiring example is for the use of 3 jacks in the input section. Or are just the 2 monos on the outside and the stereo is inside the case, responsible for the switching?

This is what i was thinking of:

IMGDEAD]

Notice that the switch is not mandatory, if it`s doable with lets say switching input jacks, it would be even better.

I don`t have the UcD modules yet, right now it`s all about planning, understanding and putting a list of the needed parts together.

The bridged UcD wiring diagrams will be delivered with the modules.

For the moment i need to figure out the input wiring but if the "stereo/ bridged option) of the modules have influence on how the inputs are wired, helpful ideas would ve very welcome.

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.