Alpine MRD-605 no output - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st February 2009, 12:45 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Question Alpine MRD-605 no output

hi all im having a problem with the above amplifier started to make sub thump in and out even when volume was turned down on headunit, then stopped for a while then got a "CUR" displayed on the amp so checked the obvious wiring earth etc. then next day worked again for a short time then started thumping again so tried a different sub but no change,then amp gave up completely even though it still powers up and no errors coming up on display.so i searched about a bit on the web found a site to repair amplifiers so did some checks and according to the web site my input transistors were shot 2 out of 4 (irf3205) so changed these although not sure they where to blame now but still no difference after a bit more research came across another site (basic car audio electronics) found what i thought were 3 out of 8 output transistors shot (IRF540N) but after i removed all of them and checked them of the board they all check out fine but when checking out the actual board the two outer pin points on several make buzzer sound on multimeter still, i have now come across 4 "21DQ10" diodes which are making buzzer sound on multimeter both ways is this right ? i have got new output transistors but dont want to waste them if not needed as the origanals seem to check out ok this is where i need the help of someone more knowlegable than me on this kinda thing sorry for the long post just thought it would help if i listed as much as possible thanks to anyone who can help me on this

Hide this!Advertise here!