classDaudio.com - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd May 2009, 11:01 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: classDaudio.com

Quote:
Originally posted by cirrus18

Been there, seen it, and wearing the T-shirt. See my review here, Mini review: Class-D Designs NX200 vs Hypex
That's a fantastic review. I think ClassDltd should have their own section here on diyaudio.com

It's a very well made amp and imho MUCH better than anything Aussieamps could even hope to build.

All in all, five thumbs-up for ClassDltd, try and speak to "Mike" - He's a real sound guy.
Old 3rd May 2009, 05:01 AM   #12
spitzer

You guys, paying well this job? Thinking classdltd should having own section hell out of class d section.

Cirrus ever talking and never knowing. Company not same, someone already say so you to if you look you see it. Different company different product different diference you get. One difference this actually class d. What so confusing about name you keep making same "mistake" over time and all again. Here you still saying it well made amp, esplain to piezoo mic phone input then so well made. Esplaining no bias test, no quality control, all cheap part use and fake measuremnt. I agreeing it all thumbs for true. Marketing you hear worser still.

Months ago this thread making for real class d amp not just one name it like you selling. Different company people saying to you already. That time new company website was kid website selling gameboy and nintendo, now they only change make it look to business and it back here for selling. It just overprice too high chip amp any can see but at least it real D amp and belong here for discution, buying too that t shirt.

Maybe you local gang can now stop pollutioning this forum with five thumb shill that not belong. Is basic rule and ethic you now, make sure you post in right section. Why no moderator stop you non sense it go on so long and you no you doing it people keep tell you. Time you be fix.
Old 3rd May 2009, 11:23 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by spitzer

To the forum moderator.

I am pretty sure that this guy spitzer and Havoc08 are in fact really classdphile comeback to haunt this forum in yet another disguise. Classdphile has been banned twice already. He is trying to disguise his identity by using what looks like a non-native English speaker doing his best at English. Which is to be applauded if it was true. The way it is written and the words he uses just ring false to me and are very much in the vein of the way that classdphile writes. Just read them and you'll see what I mean.

These posts are insulting, saying that everything is false, all lies, and picking on me personally. He is completely off subject as all he does is criticise and spout off unsubstantiated innuendos such as, (Maybe you local gang can now stop pollutioning this forum with five thumb shill that not belong.-- You guys, paying well this job? Etc etc) which do not add anything to what the forum should be about i.e. DIY audio.

He hasn't purchased or heard any of these amplifiers so he can't speak with any authority about them here.

You have said it's not classdphile as he is using a different ISP address. Well, for a devious character like classdphile I can see nothing stopping him using a different ISP supplier, or registering from an Internet cafe or using the guys computer next-door for that matter to disguise his real identity. So I don't see how an ISP number is any thing to go on.

Rather look at the facts, last year Classdphile was banned, a few days later Havoc08 registered for the first time. Then earlier this year Havoc08 was accused of being Classdphile in disguise and surprise surprise Spitzer registered also for the first time and the pair of them started off accusing and belittling genuine forum members. Coincidence, nay I don't think so.

I Would therefore be most obliged if you would vet and remove all their off topic/insulting posts and better still ban them altogether.
Old 3rd May 2009, 12:29 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Default Re: classDaudio.com

Quote:
Originally posted by exurbia

p.s i've bought one already i'm just waiting for it to get here.

Hi,

As you can see, mentioning this company and their amplifiers on this forum is like waving a red flag at a bull.
I hope the nasty comments will not stop you adding a report here to how you got on with making them and reporting back on their sonic qualities, good or bad. Your opinion is as good as anybody else's so don't be intimidated.
Look forward to hearing what you have to say in the near future.

Please don't be like a lot of others who have got these amplifiers (some for free) from information gleaned on this forum but we never hear any results from them.
Old 3rd May 2009, 12:42 PM   #15
mrevie is offline mrevie  Australia
diyAudio Member

Can someone give a definitive answer as to

http://classdaudio.com/ vs. http://www.classd.ltd.uk/home.php

I believe the second classd.ltd.uk is the company which has received all the criticism whereas classdaudio.com seems to be quite legitamite and providing reasonable products for quite good value.

Have I got this right?
Old 3rd May 2009, 04:53 PM   #16
bwaslo is offline bwaslo  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: classDaudio.com

Quote:
Originally posted by cirrus18

Hi,

As you can see, mentioning this company and their amplifiers on this forum is like waving a red flag at a bull.
But might that be because this company's amplifiers *aren't* Class-D (only the name of the company is). Maybe if you took the discussion where it belongs (i.e., over to Solid State) you would run up against less antagonism! Your posting this here is like someone posting a Hypex review over at the Pass forum because it "passed" review!

Quote:

I hope the nasty comments will not stop you adding a report here to how you got on with making them and reporting back on their sonic qualities, good or bad. Your opinion is as good as anybody else's so don't be intimidated.
Look forward to hearing what you have to say in the near future.

Please don't be like a lot of others who have got these amplifiers (some for free) from information gleaned on this forum but we never hear any results from them.
All well and good, glad you like the amp, etc., but come on, it just doesn't belong here! It is very hard to sympathize with your hurt feelings when you keep doing the equivalent of posting about your Honda in a Harley-Davidson discussion!

Here, follow the link:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/forum....php?forumid=4
Old 3rd May 2009, 05:30 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: Re: classDaudio.com

Quote:
Originally posted by bwaslo

]
I have had these comments before just read my answer here http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...89#post1790789

where I said this among other things:
Anyway, as I am comparing it with the Hypex amplifiers, which are definitely class-d designs and do belong here, it's a moot point in which forum the posting should be in.
Old 3rd May 2009, 06:49 PM   #18
bwaslo is offline bwaslo  United States
diyAudio Member

I didn't notice your comparison with Hypex in this thread. Did I miss it?

Besides your comments comparing it with Hypex have nothing to do with Class-D. But they are BOTH solid state, though, isn't that still a more appropriate forum? And one that might find an audience more interested and willing to give your amp a try? Reviews of your class-AB amp here, or calls for them, really are out of place. Maybe the briefly-touched discussion that many Class-D benefits could be had from other type amps did apply (though the argument on that, at least relative to amplifier efficiency, was extremely weak, perhaps bordering on imaginary).

I'm not trying to attack you, or class AB mosfet amps (which I have designed and use), just pointing out that your constantly bringing up an amplifier that isn't Class-D, but only comes from a COMPANY named "ClassD", in a Class-D forum, is not going to be a good recipe for acceptance. People have to wonder why. Is that so hard to understand?

I'm sure it is unintentional, but that kind of thing just raises suspicions of dishonesty, even from people who have heard the story of why the company's name is "ClassD". Go ahead and exercise your free speech and keep discussing, recommending and reviewing this amp around here all you want, but you really need to stop acting surprised and offended when people who come to discuss class-D aren't happy to be sidelined into promos of an entirely different type of amp.
Old 3rd May 2009, 08:09 PM   #19
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

cirrus18, this is a forum for discussion of Class D amplifiers. Please discuss other designs in the appropriate forums.
Old 9th July 2009, 01:54 PM   #20
R. Jamm is offline R. Jamm  United States
diyAudio Member

Has anyone bought a class D amp from classDaudio.com and what were the results?

Hide this!Advertise here!