Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th January 2009, 12:27 AM   #1
jalejos is offline jalejos  Spain
diyAudio Member

Default surround amplifier

I want to build a multi-channel amplifier and after reading the interesting post, I have the following options, but not which to choose.

6 modules hypex ucd180 + 2 (or 3) smps180 (6x180w)
6 modules coldamp bp4078 + 1 (or 2) sps80 (6x400w) http://www.coldamp.com
3 modules stereo B & O ICEpower (6x125W) It is for PC but can be changed (smps includes) http://www.mcubed-store.com/catalog/...roducts_id=254

Any recommendation given that the price is similar?
Thank you.
Old 6th January 2009, 07:32 PM   #2
ssanmor is offline ssanmor  Spain
diyAudio Member

Si estás en Madrid (VLC=Villanueva de la Cañada?), te invitamos a que pases un día por nuestras instalaciones de Coldamp y te enseñamos y asesoramos sobre nuestros equipos, sin compromiso. Si te interesan quizá podamos ofrecerte un buen precio.

Un saludo.
Old 6th January 2009, 08:40 PM   #3
luka is offline luka  Slovenia
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to luka
Quote:
Originally posted by ssanmor
Si estás en Madrid (VLC=Villanueva de la Cañada?), te invitamos a que pases un día por nuestras instalaciones de Coldamp y te enseñamos y asesoramos sobre nuestros equipos, sin compromiso. Si te interesan quizá podamos ofrecerte un buen precio.

Un saludo.
If you are in Madrid (VLC = Villanueva de la Cañada?), We invite you to a day passes by our facilities and coldamp teach and advise you on our team, without compromise. If you are interested perhaps we can offer a good price.

A greeting.

ENGLISH ONLY!
Old 6th January 2009, 09:43 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

ssanmor, A few days ago I sent an email through your website. I have not received a reply that due to imagine the holidays. Send me an email and we will discuss it.
español

Quote:
Hace unos dias mandé un correo a traves de vuestra web. No he recibido contestación imagino que debido a las fiestas. Mandame un correo y lo comentamos.
Old 7th January 2009, 04:40 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

sorry! and thanks for the translation, luka.

Jalejos: please contact us again to info@coldamp.com again, we haven't received your e-mail. We'll be glad to answer your questions quickly.

Best regards
Old 7th January 2009, 08:03 AM   #6
Account Disabled

Luka, caps, the frustration is understandable but it helps to know some post in their private interests, it's really their business.

To try and answer the question asked, for a multi channel set up, space is tight so layout gets compromised. The most important factor irrespective of everything else being equivalent or not, and they really aren't, is the EMI performance.

Look at what mcube uses in their multi channel HTPC setup, or even Bryston for that matter, Hypex has the advantage due to stellar EMI performance.

No factory tour, cheese and crackers or 10% discount will long forgive the mildest of EMI.
Old 7th January 2009, 08:53 AM   #7
luka is offline luka  Slovenia
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to luka
Quote:
Originally posted by luka
ENGLISH ONLY! [/B]
Ops didn't even see it, was holding Shift the whole time And by this I also mean there are PMs, so any language can be used there, it's not helping anybody on forum if most can't understand the post... don't want to make anybody , just how it is
Old 7th January 2009, 09:39 AM   #8
Account Disabled

I agree entirely, there's no question coldamp can use the forum to better advantage.. Thank you for the translation.
Old 7th January 2009, 10:21 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Ok, no problem. I hope this time we haven't offended anyone for posting in Spanish, there is nothing to hide..., I always post in english.
Regarding EMI, we haven't had any problems with it so far, indeed it is also very very low.
Old 7th January 2009, 02:28 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Sorry, but to register for the forum recently, issues of moderation, I do not have access to e-mail addresses for private messages.

True. MCube's mini series class d modules hypex and micro series class d ICEPower with B & O.
You've got more experience that what would be the best combination?
Thank you and feel misunderstood.

Hide this!Advertise here!