surround amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to build a multi-channel amplifier and after reading the interesting post, I have the following options, but not which to choose.

6 modules hypex ucd180 + 2 (or 3) smps180 (6x180w)
6 modules coldamp bp4078 + 1 (or 2) sps80 (6x400w) http://www.coldamp.com
3 modules stereo B & O ICEpower (6x125W) It is for PC but can be changed (smps includes) http://www.mcubed-store.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=254

Any recommendation given that the price is similar?
Thank you.

ssanmor said:
Si estás en Madrid (VLC=Villanueva de la Cañada?), te invitamos a que pases un día por nuestras instalaciones de Coldamp y te enseñamos y asesoramos sobre nuestros equipos, sin compromiso. Si te interesan quizá podamos ofrecerte un buen precio.

Un saludo.
If you are in Madrid (VLC = Villanueva de la Cañada?), We invite you to a day passes by our facilities and coldamp teach and advise you on our team, without compromise. If you are interested perhaps we can offer a good price.

A greeting.

ENGLISH ONLY!

Disabled Account
Joined 2008
Luka, caps, the frustration is understandable but it helps to know some post in their private interests, it's really their business.

To try and answer the question asked, for a multi channel set up, space is tight so layout gets compromised. The most important factor irrespective of everything else being equivalent or not, and they really aren't, is the EMI performance.

Look at what mcube uses in their multi channel HTPC setup, or even Bryston for that matter, Hypex has the advantage due to stellar EMI performance.

No factory tour, cheese and crackers or 10% discount will long forgive the mildest of EMI.

Sorry, but to register for the forum recently, issues of moderation, I do not have access to e-mail addresses for private messages.

True. MCube's mini series class d modules hypex and micro series class d ICEPower with B & O.
You've got more experience that what would be the best combination?
Thank you and feel misunderstood.

Disabled Account
Joined 2008
You've already got the choices narrowed so I recommend you do more research between them to avoid being led around by the nose. There's already more than enough information out there to help with the decision process.

Decide what criteria is most important to you and see which of them best suits your need. The more you look into it the clearer the answer and sound alike.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.