Design help needed for IRS2092

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello All,

I am currently in the planning stages for a 50 watt x 2 channel class d amplifier. This amplifier will be based around the IRS2092 driver IC. I need to add volume and equalizer control, and I am stumped with what IC to use. I originally wanted to use the BA3812L 5 band IC, but I can't find a vendor that will sell small quantities of them. The other chip I was looking at is the TDA1524A, which does volume and tone control.

After digging around the IRF site, I found they used a CS3310 digital volume control IC for one of their application notes. These chips all have different output levels, and I am unsure what will work as a preamp.

Also, I need to build a SMPS to operate this amplifier. I calculated that I need a +/- 35 VDC power supply for 100 watts. I am going to run the amplifier off of 120 VAC from a wall outlet. Does anyone have any suggestions on which type of SMPS to use? Flyback, buck, boost....I am not sure which route to go.

I am looking for all constructive criticism I can get. Any input would be helpful, thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.