Anything new better then UCD sound?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for the reply's. This is were I think I want to go. I am going to sell my mono UCD700AD amps and build a stereo UCD400HG with the HxR regulators.

I will purchase the modules with the HxR regulators complete, but do I order my own transformer and make my own power supply or purchase Hypex ones? Do I need to soft start module?

A stereo unit will keep my cost way down. I would like to get away with a single 42VAC 1000VA transformer for both modules too. I don't mind a small secondary transformer for the 12v supply. What do you think?

Kip said:
That's much more info then yesterday! I am tossing around the idea of new UCD7400HG stereo amp or maybe the UCD400HG. I am also looking at a VAC PA 90C1. Not sure what to do.

I can't say whether these amps are better than the Hypex but I have just built a pair of EcoTec 600W/ channel monoblock Class D amps and I am absolutely stunned by them http://www.amplifier.co.uk

I have owned NuForce Reference 9 class D amps but these blow them away. Just sublime.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.