new part from TI

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As I know an average normalized music record has 1/8 power than the power of full-scale sine. So the average power dissipation should be 60/8=7.5 W because the FETs' channel are also resistive. I think the heating would be quite even, because the thermal resistance and capacitance given thermal bandwidth is very low.

Re: Thanks

xaudiox said:
Hello from Japan ! Thank you very much for uploading documents which I have quickly reviewed.

Good LSI ! However DIY point of view, there is less flexfibillity to embed amp-designer's circuit ideas since the LSI is highly integrated including power MOSFETand internal NFB. This LSI allows LPF tuning and input interface for amp-designers' flexibillity.

Hello folks,

Let me briefly provide a bit of background. I'm TI's marketing manager responsible for the Home Audio products that you see going into Home Theaters, AVR's and Professional Audio products. That means converters, class D amps, high end op amps, etc.

The whole development team here at TI are very excited about the parts and are thrilled to see the interest we've already seen from folks such as yourselves. :)

The prelim info on our new PurePath HD amps posted by Anthony and xaudiox is preview data that we’ve shown to a small group of customers. Since the release of that datasheet, and throughout the development, we have continued to tweak the part based on feedback from customers.

The current plan is to launch these amps in 1Q2009 and will have a final data sheet on which you can evaluate the product up on the web along with the product folder.

If you are interested in finding out more about the parts, please feel free to continue on this thread, or, come on over to TI's newly launched audio forum at: https://community.ti.com/forums/default.aspx?GroupID=21

Many Thanks,

Dafydd Roche
Home and Professional Audio Marketing
Texas Instruments Inc.

hello Rochey!
I am looking for a solution to get one amplifier which has limit depend on frequency. For example, low frequency section I want higher limiter but middle frequency section with lower limiter. So I can change limiter according to different frequency. And I don't want to use a DSP but only one amplifier chip. Is this possible?
Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.