ucd700hg driving 1 ohm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi guys.

i am running two monoblocks with 1kva and 4x10.000uf per channel
driving a pair of infinity that drop to 1 ohm at low frequencies and i am
not pleased with the bass as it is a little loose.

do you guys think that if i increase to 8x10000uf per channel or even more i will have an improvement or i have reach the modules limit?

there are some monoblocks at hypex site as an example with 2kva and 8x33.000uf per channel but i think it`s way to much.

what you guys think would be the power supply to squeeze 100% from
the 700`s.

thanks in advance

george.

Disabled Account
Joined 2008
george,

You've got adequate storage capacity already, increasing it further is unlikely to bring the results you're looking for.

I don't think you've reached the limitations of the modules but it does sound like you've hit a ceiling in your implementation of them.

Drop me an email and we'll discuss a few details.

guys i would like to say a big thanks to classdphile for his valuable
advise.

without changing anything but the wiring my amps have a huge improvement.

they have now the best bass a ever heard from an amp.

and as a bonus they have even more detail deeper and more

pinpoint imaging.

thank you berns.

The fault is in room acoustics or in the own speakers. Try to play with speaker placement, listening position and room conditioning (thick carpets and "soft" absorbing furniture may help a lot).

Until clipping, any amplifier will provide exactly the same bass output no matter what power supply is employed. There are too many no-brain myths about that.

Disabled Account
Joined 2008
Eva said:
The fault is in room acoustics or in the own speakers. Try to play with speaker placement, listening position and room conditioning (thick carpets and "soft" absorbing furniture may help a lot).

Until clipping, any amplifier will provide exactly the same bass output no matter what power supply is employed. There are too many no-brain myths about that.

You seem to have missed the part where his problem was solved and it had nothing to do with anything you're talking about. All amps sounding alike, under any unknown circumstance, is as much a no brain myth as any :clown:

Eva said:

Eva said:
Reversed polarity in one side decribed as "loose bass"? (in audiophile words) :D:D:D

Considering that the audible effect of having opposite polarities on each channel is sooooo damn obvious... :D

from your statement one 100$ pro amp sound the same with the high end amps.

no need to spend more.

p.s.inverting an input don`t cause loose bass but to lack of bass because of cancelation to the lower frequencies.

guys as i already told you it`s not simple.

berns and i exchange dozens of emails i sent him fotos

and he found my mistakes one by one.

don`t you think that it`s a big secret or something.

all the info is out there.

you only need to read carefully.

because the amp works without smoke doesn`t mean

that you receive 100% of it.

regards george.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.