truepath my new baby

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Indeed the Lundahl LL1592 look great but the price :bawling: i don't know how much the ta3020 module will cost but it's probably cheaper to bridge them than to use the lundahl.

Does a passive pre amplifier could work well with this kind of transformer ?

Anthony

dede said:
Hi,

Indeed the Lundahl LL1592 look great but the price :bawling: i don't know how much the ta3020 module will cost but it's probably cheaper to bridge them than to use the lundahl.

Does a passive pre amplifier could work well with this kind of transformer ?

Anthony

Well I was lucky I didn't have to pay them myself, but was unlucky the preamp I built with them wasn't for me either...:(

You can certainly build a passive pre with transformers and like Col said the Neutrik have excellent specs too and are really well affordable... You can always upgrade later when you may ever win the lottery ;)

Well the Mr Borbely mosfet power amp is up and two day runnig , is a lot better then truepath!!

the truepath are very good , cheap ,small , efficent ,no heat (summer play) big power slam , very good depth .

but the borbely on the voice are incledible so big , very sweet ,fullbody , the string are more real and good separations .

and for now play at only 800ma bias ie 14w in A to 50 in AB ,with only one trafo(downgrade truepath psu) for all two channel driver/power, cheap signal cable and half caps in psu !!!!

no more sibilance....

more next days

nicoch46 said:
Well the Mr Borbely mosfet power amp is up and two day runnig , is a lot better then truepath!!

the truepath are very good , cheap ,small , efficent ,no heat (summer play) big power slam , very good depth .

but the borbely on the voice are incledible so big , very sweet ,fullbody , the string are more real and good separations .

and for now play at only 800ma bias ie 14w in A to 50 in AB ,with only one trafo(downgrade truepath psu) for all two channel driver/power, cheap signal cable and half caps in psu !!!!

no more sibilance....

more next days

What Borbley mosfet did you build?

Klaus

attachment.php

hi ,yes the 3 board PSU1 ,r-core 500va 30V ac ,|
output are 180-200w ,but there is a possibility with 5 resistor downgrade the power for ie 100w and use 300Va trafo......

Hi!
As the 41Hz website is down, wan't ask there...
Anyway, I have questions about power requirement. What is the rule in VA needed? Having a 500VA 2x36V, is it ok for a Truepath driving 8ohms current hungry speakers?

The last note is... your first post being "real great amp"... and the last " no more the king "...
I always wonder if for a say 200/400€ fully built amp it's the best bargain. You know that " oh **** I should have built that other amp, I made a mistake".

Thanks guys!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.