Replacement amp for A-Bus?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Very much a newbie here with a question about my A-Bus home audio system. Not even sure if this is the right forum to be asking this question...

Currently have in wall amps/keypads, powered from a 24 volt supply over cat 5 wiring. Not even sure what type of amps these are, except they produce very little power and lots of heat. I'm familiar with the Sonic T-Amp, and wonderd if this type of amp would be a good replacement- would it be possible to get more power and less heat with a different amp? I'm limited to powering this with 24 ga cat5 wiring (although I could tie two pairs of wire together ~21 gauge), and the size must fit within a standard wall switch box. Obviously not looking for anything with a lot of power, just enough to provide clean background music through 8" Polk speakers (90 db efficiency)

Any suggestions? I'd be interested in an assembled amp or kit.
Thanks
Greg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.