Simplest class D ever

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Being almost new to class D, I would be happy to find the simplest possible circuit evere to start with. Preferrably a discrete one so I can see how it works. I searched and found a few suggestions, but they all seemed a bit too complex to start with. Of course, I could try developing something myself, but I reckon somebody here has a thing or two finished already. My intention is to use it as a subwoofer amp, so distorsion and bandwidht are not critical. High power would be nice though....:)

Thanks in advance!

Absolutely, or an OP. Just need some drivers and output devices to beef up the power. 500 watts peak would be perfect.

What do you think of IRF540/9540 ? Fast enough? Or perhaps IRFP240/9240, they can take up to 80 amps of surge current. And if 90% efficiency can be reached, that will only produce 50 watts of heat at full power.

Maybe I should start drawing something in EW. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.