T Amp speaker cables

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm using a T-Amp in a portable audio application and was deciding on what to use for speaker connections. I'm thinking that 22 AWG, solid conductor, radio shack speaker wire might be suitable for a length of approx. 1 ft. I've got some home depot speaker wire which silver and copper stranded, but I really don't even know if this actual copper or not. It probably doesn't matter for such a short length but thought I would get an outside opinion anyway.

I don't necessarily want to speak for everyone, but the general consensus around here seems to be that for short runs, it doesn't matter all that much. In longer runs and at higher power, the gauge of the wire does apparently start to make a difference.

The Home Depot wire is certainly copper. Most likely the silver-colored wire is tin-plated, just for the purposes of telling which wire is which.

--Buckapound

Try the Walmart Yard Master patio extension cord

The 16AWG PVC-insulated Copper Woods Yard Master Patio Cord from Walmart mentioned here:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/whitelightning/moonshine.html

has worked wonderfully well with the SI Gen 2 T-amp and the modified Sure Electronics TA2024 T-amp that I have. Just make sure you find the package of white-colored cable that is identical to the one pictured in the article. 40 ft. cost me about $8.75. The Multi-Contact LS4 banana plugs are nice low mass connectors. A good source for a set was Audio Magus:

http://www.audio-magus.com/product_p/mcls4.htm

I was skeptical at first about this cable, but I noticed improvements soon after installed them in my system. With some frequency response measurements, I was able to verify that I was getting better frequency extension at the low and high ends. These cables may not be for everybody, but they have been working well for me.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.