The deal on Sonic Impact amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A heads up is that Buy.com has the Sonic Impact 2 in stock at $52 with free shipping. Compare at Parts Express.

Who is using one of these for audio on the computer? The goal for me is audio streams and previewing some news shows I listen to that way.

All of my speaker setups are single driver builds.

I've been fence sitting about getting one of these because I always think they are overpriced.

Lon (the cheap ***) in Appleton

:rolleyes:

These look like a good deal, but if you look in the class D forum (where the moderators will surely move this post) you will find some others that may be better for less money.

I am playing with the Sure TA2024 based amplifier module just now and they sound very good. Shipped they cost less money, but that is just the populated board. You would need a case and the usual furniture like a volume control, rca plugs, speaker posts et al.

JB

ped said:
I believe they (BUY.com) sold out of their current supply early yesterday.

Jeepers.

Yeah they moved my post because I actually would have put it in chip amps anyways, not knowing any better.

:cannotbe:

I have followed only a bit of chip amp building.

In my shop I am using a hacked boom box in which the radio still works. 3 watts into my large single driver builds is working out quite well.

So I'm looking for the minimal solution to get sound from the computer.

BTW I have an old RS SA 155 mini amp. I can't listen to the thing with the good speakers or anything else. It was a bad investment and is not in the gainclone class of audio.

OTOH the amp in the Sharp boombox is very pleasing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.