Step up voltage on class d

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Who can tell me? if I want step up output voltage from class-D amp. Is it should be step up at audio frequency , or can step up on high frequency ? (Many hundred Khz). May be it is a foolish question ! I had no experience on Class-D. I,m only design Analogue circuit before. I start to study class-D now. Thank!

I guess you want to drive 100V-line loudspeakers?

Unfortunately you still have to use a conventional audio-frequency step-up transformer on the output of the class-D amplifier. Even if you tried to step-up the output switching signal before the low-pass filter, you find that you still need to be able to pass the lowest required audio frequency through the transformer as well.

Alternatively you could design a bridged-output class-D amp, running off rails of (say) +/- 90 volts, which would be able to provide a 100V rms output. A high-voltage class-D amplifier has its own design problems (I know that from personal experience of such a design), but it is possible.

ea526922

If I only need to combine 2 High frequency to form one output. I had try to do 2 thing. First - drive electrostic speakers driver unit without audio transformers stepup. It seem to be impossible.
second : I try to eliminate the dead zone distortion. If I can combine 2 output to become 1. A Main high power section + a small power section. If I can mix 2 signal together. May be can improve class D sound to a new level. I'm new on claas D, So Many thing need to learn. Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.