Anyone used an STA323W Amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Rickco...
My local Future Electronics rep was able to order the STA326 evaluation board for me. However, it took about 12 weeks to arrive. Apparently, they just build them up at the factory whenever one is requested.

Neil...
Hey Neil. Glad to see you are making progress on your project. Congrats.
Jon and I have constructed our controller card, debugged it and got Linux up and running on it. All peripherals are now working (including the powerline modem). I just finished an amplifier design using the LM4765 (I2S -> PCM1690 -> LM4765). We are going to use that to test our tri-amping and room correction algorithms. I will post the design on DigiSpeaker.com soon.
Good luck with your projects. Tyler.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
tylerjbrooks said:

Neil...
Hey Neil. Glad to see you are making progress on your project. Congrats.
Jon and I have constructed our controller card, debugged it and got Linux up and running on it. All peripherals are now working (including the powerline modem). I just finished an amplifier design using the LM4765 (I2S -> PCM1690 -> LM4765). We are going to use that to test our tri-amping and room correction algorithms. I will post the design on DigiSpeaker.com soon.
Good luck with your projects. Tyler.

Thanks. That board you sent helped me a lot--I was able to get some code working with a known-good amp, and then use the working software to debug my own amp. I'll pass on the board eventually--still want to do some comparisons.

Looks like your design is also moving along well, and it is nicely modular. Good job on a very large project. There are probably a lot of opportunities to help each other as these efforts mature--I'll keep in touch.

Hello Neil
I am looking to build a decent 2.1 system for my PC
satellites will have 4" mid crossed with Tweeter and Sub woofer Will be 8" or 10"

Now I am targeting a total of 3 identical amps, 2 amps 60 watts each@ 8 Ohms for Stereo and 1 amp 120 watts@ 4Ohms for mono

I am confused about going for Active Crossover filtering for the Stereo channels, Sub woofer will have active crossover Cut off at 120Hz.

Search in forums shows use of op amps for active filtering, I don't know how to Implement them. If op amp for one channel can filter Signal below Sub woofers Cut off frequency, Then the satellite may require very few passive components as signals below lower Cut off frequency (eg. 120 Hz) are already filtered before reaching the Amplifier.

Kindly Guide

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.