help fixing class D amp..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i own an infinity basslink powered car audio subwoofer. its a 10inch subwoofer powered by its own 200watt class D amo. the amp blew a few months ago. i havnt had the time to try to fix it until last week. i opened up the amp and saw a blown capacitor rated at 1000uf, 80v 105 degree c. i replaced the blown cap with a new one, tried firing up the amp and its still broken. i didnt see any other noticeable shorts on the board. don't know what to do next.

amp symtoms- power LED is on, the servo light (lights up to notify you when the woofer is at max excursion) blinks occasionally during heavy bass notes.. no output from the subwoofer, it blows 25a ato fuses all day. i remember hearing 2 or 2 loud non musical thumps from the woofer before it blew.

it appears after blowing the amp, the speaker starts to go too. I hooked up the speaker to an external amplifier, resealed up the basslink so its air tight and it sounds really bad. the amp i'm using is from cadence and puts out 200 watts in bridge mode. it also causes the amp to go into safe mode after switching sources from radio to cd or whatever. some have told me the voice coil is starting to go and the amp and the impedance is lower than its spose to be, thats why someitmes the amp goes into safe mode.

Hello folks, I own one of these class D amplifiers on an Infinity Basslink powered subwoofer... got some trouble with it and I have a technician friend fixing it, but the oscillator on the power supply is damaged and we can't make out the number or info o replace it, can anyone help please?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.