Learning 'Class D' amplifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi to all,

I have just joined the 'diyAudio' forum. Not just this forum only, I am new to the 'audio engineering' field in general and 'Class-D' amplifiers in particular.

I have seen one or two messages from forum members asking for books, web sites or other references from which to learn about class-D amplifiers. However, I haven't come across with any satisfactory replies given to those messages.

I am aware that hundreds or perhaps thousands of websites or web pages may exist, each with some useful but small piece of information regarding class-D amplifiers.

There may be many postgraduate theses from university projects relating to class-D amplifiers, and numerous scientific/technical papers in various publications such as those from IEEE or AES.

Probably, a large number of patents also exists in or relating to the field of class-D amplifiers.

I looked around (to a practical extent) but could not find a single book or a single comprehensive and coherent source of information on class-D amplifiers.

Isn't there any such book or such an information source available at all? Or, have I missed anything?

If the history of class-D amplifiers goes back ~ 50 years, why such book or reference is not available after 50 years?

Somebody like me who is new to this area needs to know:

what is there to learn about class-D amplifiers?

where can one find all that information preferably in a single
source or a few sources?

before trying to learn it all.

Any help, suggestions or comments will be much appreciated.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.