Amp10 Basic Transformer suggestion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have done a search, both on this website and on the 41hz website, and can't seem to find an actual part number suggestion for the transformer for the AMP10 basic(which I have just ordered). I apologize if this information is right in front of me and I am just blind to it, but please help?!?!?!

thanks for the reply, I knew I was search challenged...

It looks like the AN-3222 is the beast I am looking for, as my speakers are a solid 4 ohm(Zaph's BAMTM). I will be running a squeezebox into it, which has its' own volume control.

Now to start gutting that old Kenwood for the chassis...javascript:smilie(':smash:')

Hi Vaughn.
I just finished my AMP10. It sounds great and was a great project to build. I really enjoyed the process and learned a lot (it made my head hurt!).

I used the AN-3222 and got it from John ango [antek1000@yahoo.com]. It cost $46 us shipped. Very fast turn around time. Basically it was sitting on my desk three days after I put the order in.

You can see the project on my blog at: www.emergencydpt.com

You are welcome to email me with any questions.

thanks for the response, EmergencyDept...

I just ordered the AN-3222 as suggested and am waiting on all of my parts to arrive.
I have just completed Zaph's BAMTM's(which I am enjoying very much) and plan on powering them with the AMP10B when completed.

I may take you up on your offer of advice once I have the kit in hand(I have posted a question on 41hz regarding setting input sensitivity on the 10b for a squeezebox source).

Thanks!

Hi.
I had trouble understanding the instructions in that regard. There was a table showing some input sensitivities for various items and I thought I was going to have to make a selection at some point. However the actual assembly instructions just marched through wherever that resistor was supposed to be so...eh. I didn't have to make any changes. It sounds great with the several selections I have. I've used mp3 players and cd players with both line level and headphone level input and I can't hear much difference.

I built the AMP10 not the basic. I don't think there is too much difference though.
www.emergencydpt.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.