I got My class D working !!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been working on a class D design using a cmos 4049 as the low side comparator driving npn/pnp totem pole output to IRF4214.
I am using a discrete high side driver to other IRF4214.

Specs are 1.4Mhz carrier
UCD (self oscillating design)
15uh output coil with .22uF filter capacitor
both output transistors are cool (no heat sink)
direct coupled feedback ( Av = 40)
S/n > 100db
PSRR > 85db
power supply = +- 35v
power output = 135w/ 4 ohm
Sound quality is amazing
I don't know how to measure distortion with scope but the OP275
input / feedback correction opamp is 0.0003% and no clipping is happening here.
I tried the UCC27200 driver but popped 20 fets and 10 drivers testing loading conditions and input signal overloads.
2N5401 drivers are providing amazing speed!!

Schematic

Sorry about that , I was exited that it worked.

Now I have to work on the Board component layout for
installation in the car and my old Pioneer sx3700.
3 amps, 2 channels for surround and 1 for subwoofer.
+- 40 v rails should give peaks of 250w RMS into 4 ohms.

Cheers all,

schematic

Attachments

• new digital amp 1.gif
    new digital amp 1.gif
    12.6 KB · Views: 1,244
level shifter

The 5401 PNP level shiter is correct as the op amp (OP 275) will adjust its output level to about - 1.4v causing the voltage on the input of the 4049 to rise to about 5v. this transistor also forms a phase shift pole for self oscillation. A ramp waveform is also formed on the 4049 input.
the second feedback loop ( to OP275) has a capacitor and 4.7K resistor to improve the ramp wave output of OP275.

Cheers

level shifter

The 5401 PNP level shifter is correct as the op amp (OP 275) will adjust its output level to about - 1.4v causing the voltage on the input of the 4049 to rise to about 5v. this transistor also forms a phase shift pole for self oscillation. A ramp waveform is also formed on the 4049 input.
the second feedback loop ( to OP275) has a capacitor and 4.7K resistor to improve the ramp wave output of OP275.

Cheers

My FPGA-based post-filter fed-back and PSV fed-forward digital Class-D can do 0.05 % to 4 Ohm and 0.02 % unloaded (fig.) at 1 kHz, with TAS5261 and wall wire winded MPP inductors. :tongue: I'm very excited about yours. :)
I would patent mine. Does anybody know how to do it?

Attachments

• névtelen.jpg
    névtelen.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 682
response

I can't believe the response that this circuit has generated.
I will be selling a Stereo 4 layer main board of this layout shortly on ebay as I have no website.

The 470 pf capacitor is to counteract stray parasitic capacitances in the output mosfet that could turn on the device as the output transitions from low to high.
The testing I have been doing states it may not be necessary.
I will put that information on the updated schematic.

Cheers,
Steve

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.