ucd 400 hxxr modules

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi all i just ordered 4 hypex ucd400 hxxr modules and have some questions i hope can be answered
they will be replacing my aussie amps nxlsp400 modules so im hoping i can just pull out the old modules and install the hypex into there place using the same power supply and toroid the specs are
2x mono blocks each with a nuvotem 1000va 40/0/40 toroid and 1x aussie amps ps3 powersupply with 60,000mf capacitence .
each monoblock will contain 2x hypex ucd400hxxr modules so will be 2 channel and will power 1x eaton 12"hexacone and 1x manger per side through a dbx260 in a active arrangement .
will the powersupply,s and toroids i have work ok with the hypex modules? they were very expensive so id prefer to not have to chanfge them if possible .

Hi slr 5000

The Hypex modules will work just fine on the PSU3 power supply.
As the recommended typical supply rail voltage for the UCD400 is
+-57 volts.
Your power supply is around the 55-57 volts DC.
So Just right I would say.
The only real issue is the PSRR on these amps is very low at 65dB
So the filter caps may need up grading, Although I would say 30,000uf should be enough for the UCD modules
My amplifier modules have a PSRR of 105dB.
The only other thing you will need to do is to GND the enable pin on the modules Pin 4. So they turn on straight away after power up.

That should be it, Have fun...:)

hi all yes you are correct tinitus each monoblock will now contain 2x ucd 400 hg hxr modules instead of 1x aussie amps nxl400 modules ,so i think one 1000va per amp for 2 ucd 400 modules will be about right .im hoping for some help regarding the hookup of the ucd modules
the ones i have ordered have the hxh super regs on board and i cant find any info on the site about how to wire the modules with these .do they wire up different to the normal non regulated modules ?or the same .
also im not sure if i should make each amp run a bass driver and manger each side or is it better to have one amp for bass l+r channel and the other amp do the mangers l+r channel ? it seems to me that it is better to use one amp for the low and high on the left channel and one amp for the low and the high on the right channel which should provide the best channel seperation as im only using one powersupply and one toroid for 2 modules in each amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.