B&O ICEpower modules any built? - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd July 2008, 06:27 PM   #31
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

I've used the ICEpower125ASX2 module, nice product.

In fact, I even have a commercial product based on it.

It's an "all in one board", the SMPS is on the same PCB. Just move a jumper to go from low voltage mains (100-150V) to high voltage mains (180-250).

It's a nice sounding amp, very tight and and powerful in the bass. Not as euphonic as the Tripath stuff, more neutral. Great bandwidth too.

B&O seem to have done a good job with the output filtering, it's pretty clean.

Of course I made a few tweaks, mostly to the input circuit, but it's OK stock.
Old 23rd July 2008, 11:47 PM   #32
flshzug is offline flshzug  Antarctica
Banned

As far I get , 92.4 db/ 1 meter should be ok with 200asc ? Bought one , cause it looks like a deal, so I can spend more $$$ tweaking the factory JBL crossover hehe. Then... how about preamp/signal conditioning? For now I want to build something like opamp attenuator with resistive element in feedback loop.
Old 24th July 2008, 02:20 AM   #33
diyAudio Member

With 92.4 db/ 1 meter, 16 watts will give you 104 dB heaps.
Old 24th July 2008, 02:17 PM   #34
flshzug is offline flshzug  Antarctica
Banned

i ve been dissecting that asc200 Audio Precision plot, distortion is rising with frequency, 6khz curve is quite scary, so i sense biamping coming this way ... (runs even until 1khz tho, looks quite good infact )

FYI , innard pictures:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/bcdtrio/trio.html

the atenuator looks to be standard integrated, let me know if you see more tidbits .
I want to build withg this chip,
http://www.profusionplc.com/pro/gex/...partno=MAS6116
either with 5534+jfet input , or the new linear tech opamps.
Old 1st August 2008, 12:56 AM   #35
lazenna is offline lazenna  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hello TNT .Can you tell me from where you bought the 1000asp modules as I want to try some.Thx.
Old 1st August 2008, 07:11 AM   #36
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by otto88
With 92.4 db/ 1 meter, 16 watts will give you 104 dB heaps.
Not if you want any sort of realistic dynamic range at the listening position, especially with larger works.
Old 1st August 2008, 09:42 AM   #37
TNT is online now TNT  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Sorry, these modules are only for companies - I was lucky getting hands on a pair.

BR /

Quote:
Originally posted by lazenna
Hello TNT .Can you tell me from where you bought the 1000asp modules as I want to try some.Thx.
Old 9th August 2008, 05:34 PM   #38
diyAudio Member

I've been playing with the 200ASC modules from YFW and I have to say I'm pleased with my purchase (and glad I got them before the price jumped to $199).

They sound as good as my junk test speakers will allow them sound. And no, the highs are not missing or rolled-off like some have suggested.

They may only be ~40W amplifiers, but that is perfectly fine with my neighbors. If I played them even close to clipping I would probably have someone banging on my front door.

I replaced the 50v 560uF supply cap with a Panasonic FC 63v 820uF. I also added two additional 63v 820uF caps across the J2 PS header.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 9th August 2008, 05:43 PM   #39
john65b is online now john65b  United States
diyAudio Member

Anoymous1 - how do these sound compared with the Tripath TA3020 from the DCP-501? Pano indicated his comments (ASC200 vs typical Tripath) earlier.

I have my last DCP-501 still in the box (all modded, but back in the original chassis as new), and have four of the ASC200 to experiment with.

I had a new Bel Canto S300, which has this same ASC200 module, but sold it. It was OK, I preferred my UCD400 over the ASC200, but at this price...
Old 10th August 2008, 08:21 AM   #40
diyAudio Member

Well with all the time, effort, and money I've put into various amps/modules in the last few years I still do not own a decent set of speakers. I have some very crude test speakers thrown together, but they aren't good enough to make a very fair comparison between different amps.

The bass seems solid and the highs are there, but I'm not particularly picky. The amp has to have a fairly obvious fault for me to even notice.

I have quite a few amps I would really like to test against each other on some good speakers, but the way I'm going I don't think I will ever own a pair.

I have a set of Heil AMTs that have been waiting well over a year for me to decide what to pair them with.

EDIT: Oops, I noticed I said I put the extra supply caps across the J2 header in my previous post; I meant J1.

Hide this!Advertise here!