Digmoda, a advanced amplification system

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
These amps are used in Mark Seaton's Catalyst speakers. I have heard them used in a large home theater as the front three channels behind an acoustical screen and they are simply stunning performers.

Unfortunately my home theater is small, and the large Catalyst speakers are not a good physical match, or they'd be my choice of speaker.

I am seriously looking into using the Digmoda with my set of JTR Triple 8s and going full DSP with a Dolby Lake processor.

Tedd said:
These amps are used in Mark Seaton's Catalyst speakers. I have heard them used in a large home theater as the front three channels behind an acoustical screen and they are simply stunning performers.

Unfortunately my home theater is small, and the large Catalyst speakers are not a good physical match, or they'd be my choice of speaker.

I am seriously looking into using the Digmoda with my set of JTR Triple 8s and going full DSP with a Dolby Lake processor.

Hi Tedd,

All of my powered designs use the same family of ICEpower based amplifiers, which are not Digmoda, and are currently only available for OEM purchase.

I do now have more compact speaker called the Spark (11" x 11" x 17"), and have a compact 3 way in mind for later this year. Also, I suspect you heard Art Sonneborn's prototype Catalysts which were still the 2 way design with less robust drivers vs. the more powerful final design which is fully 3 way with 1000W + 500W amplifier modules.

The Triple 8s are a passive design and especially with the new "2010" version, the drivers are very much designed to mate with the passive crossover. You do not want to bypass any part if it. I would probably recommend something like the Wyred4Sound 500W/ch models (1kW@ 4 Ohm) or Outlaw's larger amplifiers as an alternate and add front end EQ like the Lake (now out of production) or other DSP processors assuming you have measurement capabilities or someone to help set it up, or if you want to go full out pick up the Trinnov processor. :eek:

The new Triple 8s are real stunners in just how capable they are in such a compact and cost effective enclosure.

Thanks for the correction, and recommendations, Mark.

Yes, they were Art's and I knew they were the earliest versions. Still very awesome speakers and if my room was only bigger...

I did jump in for five of the latest Triple 8s last week. The Lake processor is (now was, I guess...) on next year's upgrade plans. The Trinnov looks really interesting and is manageable.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.