Behringer PMP3000 PSU Fault

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm trying to repair Behringer PMP3000 mixer/amp. It has a fault in the PSU section.

The PSU PCB is SPS1000/02.

I really could do with a schematic. So if anyone knows the where I can get one I would be grateful.

The closest schematic I can find is a Yamaha EMX5000. This seems to be 'sort of' similar around the PSU section. Someone has copied someone !!!!!

The component damage was as follows:-

22R 10W mains input resistor blown apart.

IGBT's 1MBK50D-060S short circuit

Diode on the gate of one of the IGBT's short circuit

I have also replaced the IR2153 device.

When I apply power the relay, across the two 22R 10W resistors is not engaging. ( presumably cuz no 12V present to energize it ) so I have to turn off quickly. So fault is still there.

Is it OK to bring these types of PSU up using a variac ?. If so what voltage would you expect the PSU to start working at ?

I cant leave power on for long enough to try to fault find.

And I have no shematic to try to isolate sections.

So any help appreciated.

Thanks

Albert

Thanks for the reply.

The IR2153 is supplied by a TOP221 as opposed to a linear regulator.

The problem is I can't apply power long enough to probe around to see what voltages there are.

I was wondering if I could lower the mains input voltage with a variac to a safe level that the PSU would still operate, but with out burning up the 22R resistors!!.

I assume the two 22R 10 watt resistor in series with the mains input are for slow switch on.

I've traced one side of the relay to the collector of an other transistor.

This implies that the relay is switched somehow !!

I really am snookered without a schematic..

Smps

Hi,

I'm trying to repair Behringer PMP3000 mixer/amp. It has a fault in the PSU section.

The PSU PCB is SPS1000/02.

I really could do with a schematic. So if anyone knows the where I can get one I would be grateful.

The closest schematic I can find is a Yamaha EMX5000. This seems to be 'sort of' similar around the PSU section. Someone has copied someone !!!!!

The component damage was as follows:-

22R 10W mains input resistor blown apart.

IGBT's 1MBK50D-060S short circuit

Diode on the gate of one of the IGBT's short circuit

I have also replaced the IR2153 device.

When I apply power the relay, across the two 22R 10W resistors is not engaging. ( presumably cuz no 12V present to energize it ) so I have to turn off quickly. So fault is still there.

Is it OK to bring these types of PSU up using a variac ?. If so what voltage would you expect the PSU to start working at ?

I cant leave power on for long enough to try to fault find.

And I have no shematic to try to isolate sections.

So any help appreciated.

Thanks

Albert

I have repaired large number of YAMAHA amplifiers in the past, be careful , NASTY surprise may occur of you don't know how service this Power Supply, and that IGBT cost around 50US$ each.

DONOT Attempt to replace parts, Unless you CHECK 20 Times all other parts, and you may TRY using a 70 AC to power the SMPS ALONE, it should WORK, for testing
I have that service manual on hand, mail me

Make sure that you checked the output stage and disconnecting any load.
You may placing big resistor between IGBT collector and transformer instead of connect it, to limit the current, says 1K-2Kohm 10Wor20W. With no load, it may work like normal if there already no failure.
There is yamaha EMX5000 at eserviceinfo.com upluaded by andymn.

Make sure that you checked the output stage and disconnecting any load.
You may placing big resistor between IGBT collector and transformer instead of connect it, to limit the current, says 1K-2Kohm 10Wor20W. With no load, it may work like normal if there already no failure.
There is yamaha EMX5000 at eserviceinfo.com upluaded by andymn.

I have schematics for my Behringer PMP3000. What do you mean by "check the output stage"? Rectifier after the transformer? There are not many active components after IGBTs.

And do you know if STGW45NC60WD is a good replacement for the original 1MBK50D-060S?
Thanks.

There is a schematic for the PMP3000 if you google it.

I just sucessfully fixed my PMP3000, it started off with the 22 ohm inrush limiter resistor breaking a leg from not being glued in place.
Replaced that then next thing the PSU went... nothing.

After getting a schematic, i used a dead SMPS high current battery charger module for parts, replaced the IGBT's with higher spec'd MosFETS, replaced D1 with an equivalent, had to buy a new IR2153 switcher chip, the TOP221 was still outputing 15v DC.
Also had to replace the high side driver transistors, the nearest equivalent to the 2655 and 1020 was BC327 and BC337 with the pins twisted about.
Tried the power on, still nothing, until i replaced T13 BC846 with a BC817 (GP NPN),
tried again, HEY PRESTO IT WORKS !!!

hi,

am facing almost the same, pmp5000 was brought to Tanzania e.africa and get dirrect connected to 220v insteady of 110v as a results it was toasted.
I test some components and change ir2153, t1,t2,t6,t5,t4 and t3 also some resistor but it still not working despite of geting 15 from top ac and at the ir 2153 btn com and pin i can measure 14v. please i need help how to fix it.

hi,

am facing almost the same, pmp5000 was brought to Tanzania e.africa and get dirrect connected to 220v insteady of 110v as a results it was toasted.
I test some components and change ir2153, t1,t2,t6,t5,t4 and t3 also some resistor but it still not working despite of geting 15 from top ac and at the ir 2153 btn com and pin i can measure 14v. please i need help how to fix it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.