Weird

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Can't get much info on this over the net so here is my question;

I have some very nice quality log stereo pot (10kohm) that I would like to use with the Sure Elec PCB amplifier that comes with TA2024.

My problem is that when connected in the circuit it does not work at all with my source, without the pot it works great but of course I can 't control the output.

What I find weird is that the original T-Amp uses a 50kohm pot (probably) linear and a 10kohm resistor is connected in parrallel to the pot so that it creates a log pot, still the overall impedance seen by the amp is equal or smaller than 10kohm but it works with my current set-up

I have tried my MP3 player or my Sony CD player as source and both do not work.

Both the Sure Elec and T-amp are configured in Inverting amp therefore the impedance of the input resistance (for the gain) and the value of the pot are part of the overall gain of the amp.

What would you recommend so I can use these very nice pot.

Regards,
Eric

Hi,

With the small input caps to gnd (100pF) nothing was working, I simply removed one channel at a time (C3 then C24) and then everything worked.

I have also changed the gain with Rf still 20Kohm but Ri is 20k parallel with a 27kohm (don't ask, this is what I had handy) this way I did not have to remove any of these small resistors. The overall gain is now 20k / (20k//27k) or 20.9V/V or 26.4dB which is the same gain as Amp6.

I have also removed R3 and R16. The pot I'm using is a stereo log 10kohm.

For your DC offset to go even lower I have read (but not tried) that adding a resistor equal to Rf (R7 =20k) in parralel to C23 would help.

Regards,
Eric

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.