Alternative for IR2xxx series - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th July 2008, 05:34 PM   #41
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Tahmid
Hi lumanauw,
The circuit you have shown using p-channel and n-channel MOSFETs looks rather complex. Since you are using p-channel MOSFET as high side switch, implementing the simple level shifting method, the circuit can be made much simpler than what you have shown.
The two external driver ICs could be eliminated and an NPN transistor-resistor-zener could be used for level shifting the p-channel MOSFET while the n-channel MOSFET can be driven straight from the PWM chip. If you are using chips like SG3525, gate drive current should not be a problem as the SG3525 (with its internal totem-pole stage) can provide enough current to drive the MOSFET at frequencies greater than 100kHz.
What I have just said can be easily understood if you look at the circuit I have attached here.

To everyone,
I have not used PCB but have tested the circuit on verroboard / stripboard. I have used my circuits successfully upto 132kHz with no problem. The only consideration, as what I see, is that the tracks/ traces should be kept as short as possible. Decoupling capacitors should be placed where necessary and should not be omitted.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

The strongest man in the world is one, who stands alone for achieving something good.
å LJ ͤ ͯͤ, * ͜ǰ ͯ � ͤ Ƿ͟ d

...your circuit is introducing several hundret ns turn off delay especially for the upper MosFet... have a close look to your gate signals - you will probably not be amused.

Hi Lumanauw,
I think the loops in the application note are OK.
Also I agree that you need the SMD ceramics for the high frequency path.
Many designs add a large cap in order to ensure acceptable upper gate driver supply during clipping, because during heavy cliping you might not get the upper supply recharged for several 10ms...
Old 11th July 2008, 06:23 PM   #42
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to lumanauw
Hi, Choco,

Thanks I see now that it is for clipping condition. Still, it has to be accompanied // by 100nF one, right?

Choco, my suggestion in post#31 (modification for the attachment), is it make sense? Or C8-C9 is already correct like the original attachment?
Old 11th July 2008, 07:05 PM   #43
diyAudio Member

....I think your proposal is optimizing the turn on loop.
John's schematic is looking like he has optimized the turn off loop.

Yupp, the ceramic SMDs should be also used, even if there is a bigger e-cap.
Old 10th April 2009, 03:28 PM   #44
diyAudio Member

Hi Tahmid,
I am from Chittagong, Banladesh. I am interested to build
a sinewave inverter. I got an schematic. However, it requires an IC named IR2110?

I would like to ask Tahmid, "is it available in Dhaka?"

Regards,
-mansur, Bangladesh
Old 23rd July 2009, 02:27 PM   #45
Dimon74 is offline Dimon74  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi to all .That part of the schematic with two IR2010S from Alpine MRP-M1000 maybe somebody has complete schematic for this amp?
Old 23rd July 2009, 04:49 PM   #46
Dimon74 is offline Dimon74  United States
diyAudio Member

My e-mail is dmitriy1974@msn.com Thanks a lot

Hide this!Advertise here!