Alternative for IR2xxx series

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tahmid said:
Hi lumanauw,
The circuit you have shown using p-channel and n-channel MOSFETs looks rather complex. Since you are using p-channel MOSFET as high side switch, implementing the simple level shifting method, the circuit can be made much simpler than what you have shown.
The two external driver ICs could be eliminated and an NPN transistor-resistor-zener could be used for level shifting the p-channel MOSFET while the n-channel MOSFET can be driven straight from the PWM chip. If you are using chips like SG3525, gate drive current should not be a problem as the SG3525 (with its internal totem-pole stage) can provide enough current to drive the MOSFET at frequencies greater than 100kHz.
What I have just said can be easily understood if you look at the circuit I have attached here.

To everyone,
I have not used PCB but have tested the circuit on verroboard / stripboard. I have used my circuits successfully upto 132kHz with no problem. The only consideration, as what I see, is that the tracks/ traces should be kept as short as possible. Decoupling capacitors should be placed where necessary and should not be omitted.

The strongest man in the world is one, who stands alone for achieving something good.
ªÃ¥¿¬À¤Ç ¸Ç‡ ¸¬šÇßÇ ¶•Í¤¿¶¾²À ¬Í¯•Í¤¿, ¯Ç ­¾² •¿›Á …°Íœ¨Ç° œ¨Í¯ �•¾‡ ¨¿°¨Í¤° šÇ·ÍŸ¾ š¾²¿ßÇ ¯¾ßd

...your circuit is introducing several hundret ns turn off delay especially for the upper MosFet... have a close look to your gate signals - you will probably not be amused.

Hi Lumanauw,
I think the loops in the application note are OK.
Also I agree that you need the SMD ceramics for the high frequency path.
Many designs add a large cap in order to ensure acceptable upper gate driver supply during clipping, because during heavy cliping you might not get the upper supply recharged for several 10ms...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.