My Hypex amps on youtube and flickr!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Hello all. I thought its about time to let you all know about my amps on youtube. I did use UcD180st and they were very good so I decided to get the UcD180HG with HxR! I love them! Thankyou Hypex for showing me what real amps are! I know, my system is a mess and very far from what i want but it will get there. Let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/user/daz2084

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44092618@N00/

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Hi thanks. Actually the mic on my camera adjusts its own volume somehow. Because it is so loud when im next to the system, it doesnt pick up the lower notes as easy. The vu meter is actually made for car audio to run on 12v. Its not a cheap meter but i really liked it so i just had to get them.They only come in a three pack from ebay. The make is swoosh and its called a volume gauge.

Edit... Sorry, I take it you mean its actually loud?

Thank God! Seriously! :att'n:

It was bad advice. You have an enclosure with touchable metal parts. What happens if a fault occurs and the transformer primary becomes connected to other circuitry (i.e. a cable breaking, transformer insulation melting). Right, the chassis or some part becomes mains connected.

Please read up on appliance classes and safety regulations. You expect your amp to behave like a class II appliance while in fact it has all properties of class I.

All wiring and high voltage connections are well insulated.

Are you an electrician or an electric engineer? There are standards for distance, clearance, creepage, material choice, component classification, etc.

While you believe your assumptions to be true - and I'm sure you know what you're doing - you can't be sure about durability and safety for future users.

Remember that you are personally liable for any harm you and others might suffer.

Cheers,
Sebastian.

PS: You know what I consider a good safety motivation for DIY projects with mains connection? Imagine a piece of metal (like scissors or a pen), your project, and no adults nearby. Now imagine a small child crawling into the scene. All parts of this situation are normal in a regular household.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.