Huygens MCD 1202 - Class D amp finally arrived

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Iyremenko said:
Wow, frightening behavior for a vendor to have.

So Dealer, did this product which is unarguably based on backwards pseudo theory live up to the hype for you? How does it sound?

I wrote my honest opinion here before sadly the clinch with Senor Cormack made the mods to remove the hot tempered discussion.

The MHz is developed in my opinion to show the folks: "we have entered now the MHz area ..."

The workmanship of the amp was quite good up till a little error in one speaker out. And the the design really pleased me .... but please dont push me to say something about the sound quality. The Mods waiting to remove the next unappetizing sentences...

:xeye:

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
eden audio,

I think what is bad form is joining a diy forum with the sole purpose of pushing your inventory, and further attempting to intimidate into silence those who'd post an opinion that might be contrary to your best sales interest.

There are forums that for a small fee will allow you to pick and choose what people get to see. Here though, this sort of thing is your cost of doing business for free. In the meantime, perhaps one day you'll make a contribution here, in some form or other. :rolleyes:

Paul,

I agree with you, maybe the forum should charge a small fee for advertising? It's not for me to say. To be honest I've not much to say and I have more important things to do so I wont be contributing much, I only posted here to even the balance with the my dear sweet little friend Mustafa.

I'll finish with Mustafas own words.

'The design is wonderful and if the rest matched better than now I would be a lucky person to sell them.'

Says it really doesn't it.

fumac said:

sorry for my job about our website

because i'm not so good at english
so need time to write the words right.
and we are vry busy for designing new product (not just for ourself, we do ODM for others)

perhaps the web site will not ready all for a loong time.
I just checked your website. A golden rule is not to create links which go nowhere. Create the link when you actually have something. You may also have a page telling that the content is missing. I get error 404 in a couple of places. Not good.

I'm sure someone can help you with the english since you have interesting goods to bribe people with, despite that I think the english is quite good. :up:

Pabo said:
At the filter resonance frequency (40kHz or more) a 15 subwoofer will act as open load. If the amplifier goes into subharmonic oscillation and sets on fire when going into severe clipping it is not considered to be a robust design.
It's obvoius for me that class D theory is an unexplored territory and even more the practical stuff :confused:
Pabo said:
It is very difficult to do a class d design that is good at everything. I know this for a fact.
I know this also when I was dealing with my kiloampere stuff

peranders said:

I just checked your website. A golden rule is not to create links which go nowhere. Create the link when you actually have something. You may also have a page telling that the content is missing. I get error 404 in a couple of places. Not good.

I'm sure someone can help you with the english since you have interesting goods to bribe people with, despite that I think the english is quite good. :up:

thank you for your suggest.
yes, we are changing the web side,
but now , too many jobs to do. so delay.
my english is not good , you can know at my post.
most of the words at the website, is write by me, and fix the words and others by MCD users,
thanks for them again.

infact, they do like the amp, so they help me for free.
i can stop all the saling at diy market, because most of the income is from ODM or OEM, not from diy. diy is a very very small round.
and i must to spend more time to answer emails at diythan OEM market.

other side, i like diy, and i found i can make many friends from diy place. so i will never stop to upgrade the MCD for diy .
diyers are the top users of the audio stuff. because they will comparat many amps that they have. they have more experience then the other users.

rg
fumac

Calvin said:
Hi dealer,

BikerDudeCGN ädd gmx punkt de

jauu
Calvin
Hint: I see that your email feature is switched off. If you don't want any contact from members that's OK but if your are afraid of spam, notice that your email address is not revealed when a member here email you. When you answer you have two options, either answer via your own email address or via the forum not revealing your email address. The main reason for disabling the email is if you get too much messages via the forum.

Volume pot capacitance

Hi Fumac,

I want to use the lightspeed attenuator on the units I ordered (see solid state forum). These are based on photo couplers and need a capacitance of 100K.

George the inventor of this type of attenuator had a look at the datasheet of the MCD 255 and send me the following:

"The amp seems to have a buffer option on the input wich is the best but still too low at 18k but this could be just a resistor change"

So my question is how to raise the capacity of the volume control on the units to the 100K value.

Thank you

Peter

p.s. when will you send out the units, can't wait.

Re: Volume pot capacitance

peterhenk said:
Hi Fumac,

I want to use the lightspeed attenuator on the units I ordered (see solid state forum). These are based on photo couplers and need a capacitance of 100K.

George the inventor of this type of attenuator had a look at the datasheet of the MCD 255 and send me the following:

"The amp seems to have a buffer option on the input wich is the best but still too low at 18k but this could be just a resistor change"

So my question is how to raise the capacity of the volume control on the units to the 100K value.

Thank you

Peter

p.s. when will you send out the units, can't wait.

hi peterhenk
i will answer all the question(including yours) about modules at this link
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=116053&pagenumber=3

rg
fumac

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.