TAS5706 simple full digital stereo amplifier

soundcheck said:

My understanding was , to compile your source code on the PC.
Running the programme on the PC would set the registers via -- whatever Interface!?. How does the PC connects to the board?

You need to study PIC, www.microchip.com
The source code is not for PC, for the micro 8bit CPU.
MCU is a fundamental to DIY full digital amplifier, to control TASxxxx I2C registers in amplifier itself.

Attachments

• pic18mcus.jpg
    pic18mcus.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 806
KOON3876 said:

You need to study PIC, www.microchip.com
The source code is not for PC, for the micro 8bit CPU.
MCU is a fundamental to DIY full digital amplifier, to control TASxxxx I2C registers in amplifier itself.

Hmm, your picture says "to PIC programmer" on the connector. I was hoping a simple serial connection to a PC was sufficient to program the PIC? What kind of PIC programmer is necessary, or is it just a PC interface after all?

iampivot said:
Hmm, your picture says "to PIC programmer" on the connector. I was hoping a simple serial connection to a PC was sufficient to program the PIC? What kind of PIC programmer is necessary, or is it just a PC interface after all?

http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1406&dDocName=en010046

I can not answer each question of PIC programming, how it works, how to install PIC C language, I/O registers, ADC, I2C, etc....
Those are off topic and same as writing whole book.
I used JackRabbit / AVR / PIC33 / PIC18 MCU, or Xilinx FPGA, TI C6713 DSP, nVidia GPU, for my DIY projects without any help. So anyone can DIY with some effort.

Hi Koon.

Don't worry about being asked to train the entire DIY-audio-world
on how to get into PIC programming. ;)
People like me know about C programming on a PC, but PIC
is a complete new term to me.

You're definetly spearheading a new direction for the DIY-Audio community with your projects.
At least from my perspective, the progress you made is amazing.

Though it wouldn't make sense for you to post your stuff, without
giving at least some entry points (which you obviously do) for building up the "production" environment.

Perhaps it would make sense to describe in two lines your "production" environment on your homepage .
This way people become aware of how to preapre for the journey.

I pretty much appreciate your efforts.

Cheers

Hi Soundcheck, Iampivot,

Have either of you guys built this amp yet - I'm interested in how it sounds before I embark on another project?

I already have modded a SAXR57 as far as it will go, I think, but am up against a barrier of the DSP ICs & front end chips to make any further progress i.e I can't easily splice I2S into the signal path of this amp.

So I'm wondering how this amp compares sonically to the Panny amps?

Hi Koon
I am also using TAS5706 to set up one 2Channel amplifier. As you noted the register value I debug it successfully very quick. And I will add EQ and DRC control but need TI edit tool first. Thank you!
Also I am interesting in the multi-stream audio project. I got a USB interface board too and want to get 4 I2S streams to send out with wireless module. So if ok I can set up 7.1 audio wireless system. May I get your help if I meet issue?

Started Full Digital Amplifier

langtuhanoi said:
Full digital amplifier with digital input such as I2S or SPDIF is excellent choice for natural sound because it bypass DAC, Preamp and Power Amp
But the power of this chip TI is very low: 20W
Which are others solutions for full digital amplifier???

There are many good full digital power amplifier in TI.
I started designing the Full Digital Power Amplifier in
the http://digi-hifi.com/?pt=bl&pc=audio
^^

Now TAS5706 amplifier is playing great music from small board :)

I think TAS5706 can be final solution for Stereo Full digital Amplifier for DIY.

please see my website for detail, and hi res photos.

If anyone want to be group by manager, I can provide ExpressPCB CAD data. ( I don't want to be.. )

It is a small Infinity since this Thread and Koon3876 wasn’t online since years but I still hope someone has PCB CAD Data for a fully digital Amp.

(I’m not versed enough for an acceptable Design but Soldering is no Issue.)

The TAS5706B can even supply PWM to an additional PowerStage.