Please help, I attempted to mod a TAmp and the fuse blew.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes I left all of the diodes alone. It also worked before with this power supply. Here are some pics.

DSC00173.jpg

DSC00174.jpg

DSC00175.jpg

DSC00176.jpg

Alright.

One probe on R1

Other probe on

Top of left: 84K
Bottom of Left: 2.6K
Top of Right: 129.5K
Bottom of Right: 43.5K

One probe on R2

Other probe on

Top of Left: 43.6
Bottom of Left: 43.6
Top of Right: 133
Bottom of Right: 5.1

I assume you mean C9 as that is the 470micro farad cap for the left channel.

From the pin farthest from the outputs: 19.6Meg or infinite.

From the pin closest to the outputs: 16.3K

Any ideas? Those numbers for the input caps seem a little strange.

I think the left solen is blown. It reads 87 ohms resistance across the leads. Isn't it supposed to steadily increase? The right Solen increases up to 133K. I knicked that one with the soldering iron, I wonder if that messed it up. Also the left gets continuity on both sides from the input. The right only get momentary continuity on the top and full continuity on the bottom.

I went and resoldered the caps to the board. I am having increasing difficulty as there is some "junk" on the pads. Now there doesn't seem to be dc on the left channel there is just no sound from the left channel. When I place my finger on the top of the cap I get a humming noise but there is no sound otherwise.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.