Please help, I attempted to mod a TAmp and the fuse blew.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello. I just got done fiddling around with my TAmp in an attempt to mod it. When I plugged it in my power supply blipped yellow (load) and popped the 3A inline fuse. This is a Super TAmp.

Here is what I did.

Removed C1 C2 R1 R2 R3 R4

Bridged the place where R1 and R2 used to be.

Installed Solen 2.2 micro farad caps in place of the electrolytics.

Installed a 10000 micro farad cap where the power leads go into the board. (Could this cause the fuse to blow?)

Replaced C8 with a Panasonic FM 2200 micro farad cap

Replaced C10 with a 1000 micro farad Panasonic FM. I put the negative to the chip prong.

Removed L8 L9 L10 L11 and bridged the connections where they used to be.

Removed C25 and C26, Removed R20 and R22

Added 0.1 micro farad caps directly to the output leads. (I could not find a polarity on these so I guessed)

Added a 100 micro farad electrolytic panasonic FM cap to the back of the power connector coming into the box. Negative to negative, positive to positive.

Replaced the 470 micro farad caps that were on board.

Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

Marsfrogie said:
http://www.michael.mardis.com/sonic/start.html

That is a link to michael mardis's schematic.

C10 is originally 330 micro farad and is a power tank. Perhaps it is backwards. Can someone take a look at that schematic and tell me?

That link is to the basic T Amp and not the Super T..

See here...

Attachments

• super-t-schematic.gif
    super-t-schematic.gif
    20.4 KB · Views: 212
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.