UcD400hg monoblocks done

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Those Hexateq chassis really are beautiful aren't they!

Nice work too guys - MFB that's some really neat wiring!

My hifi2000 cases arrived about a week back and I'm very happy with them in terms of fit & finish vs the price I paid.

I'm itching to get my monoblocs built but unfortunately I'm suffering from a collapsed disc in my back and while the movement needed to do the work is manageable I'm finding that by the time I get home from work I lack the inclination and just want to sleep :( Still my weekend starts tomorrow evening and I'm determined to make some progress over the weekend - I'll post some piccies once they're done.

Cheers

Dave

Well they're finally done!

I now have my pair of UcD400HG monoblocs singing sweetly, they seem especially nice when fed from a valve preamp too!

I'll take and post a few piccies over the coming 3-4 days.

So far my only problem is a major mis-match in the illumination level of the green standby LEDs I've used! Hardly a disaster I know but it's bugging me no end.

It seems to me that it must be the LEDs themselves which are exhibiting different characteristics or possibly I've made a really poor joint on one of them, the 2 blue LEDs integrated in the standby/on push buttons illuminate equally, this seems to eliminate a difference in the voltage output from the Hypex softstart modules or in the wiring between those modules and the LED pairs in each monobloc - oh well I really wanted yellow for standby - only fitted the greens because I had them in my odds & sods box!

Anyway enough rambling - piccies later

Cheers

Dave.

congrats! I am really liking my amps as well. I used blue LEDs. I had wired one wrong and had to switch the connection around ffor it to work. didnt realise that either end of the LED had to go in a specific place on the amp.

bearddavid said:
Well they're finally done!

I now have my pair of UcD400HG monoblocs singing sweetly, they seem especially nice when fed from a valve preamp too!

I'll take and post a few piccies over the coming 3-4 days.

So far my only problem is a major mis-match in the illumination level of the green standby LEDs I've used! Hardly a disaster I know but it's bugging me no end.

It seems to me that it must be the LEDs themselves which are exhibiting different characteristics or possibly I've made a really poor joint on one of them, the 2 blue LEDs integrated in the standby/on push buttons illuminate equally, this seems to eliminate a difference in the voltage output from the Hypex softstart modules or in the wiring between those modules and the LED pairs in each monobloc - oh well I really wanted yellow for standby - only fitted the greens because I had them in my odds & sods box!

Anyway enough rambling - piccies later

Cheers

Dave.

Hi all,

for some reason I can no longer access this website from home! I thought it was my antivirus/web defence software but no - even using my work laptop I can't get here from home and to be honest right now I can't arsed sorting it out so I'll just post in my lunchtimes at work!

So somewhat late here are a few piccies of my UcD400HG monoblocs:-

A top view of the completed unit:-

P1000166.jpg

Front :-

P1000171.jpg

Rear:-

P1000168.jpg

Detail of amp module & softstart / wiring:-

P1000169.jpg

a few more:-

front/side:-

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

rear/side:-

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

long shot:-

initial testing session:-

thoughts on the sound to follow but initial response is very positive!

cheers
Dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.