Super Tamp now has board Version B - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th February 2008, 02:51 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Super Tamp now has board Version B

I just bought one of the Super T amps right before Christmas. I'm just not getting around to tweaking it and noticed that it is now a Version B board. Have any of you noticed this and is there any up to date information about this new board?
Old 18th February 2008, 07:29 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Click the image to open in full size.

Here is a picture of the Ver:B board.
Old 18th February 2008, 08:28 PM   #3
ROBSCIX is offline ROBSCIX  Canada
diyAudio Member

I have that board version also. Can I ask what you were gonna do to tweak it up? Thx for any help.
Old 18th February 2008, 10:05 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

I plan on swapping out the input caps for 2.2 micro farad Solens, adding a 10000 micro farad stiffener cap, replacing the onboard tank power capacitor with something around 3000 micro and adding some small caps to the output terminals. I also am going to adhere a heatsink directly to the chip and add a variable 13.5V 12A regulated power supply.
Old 18th February 2008, 10:57 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

I was told replacing the input caps on the Super T's can help alot with improving the sound. Are Solens good caps for this job? I am just getting into the Amp modding this is why I am asking all the questions thank you for your help and if you feel like musing about other mods for this unit ...feel free.
Old 19th February 2008, 12:02 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

To be quite honest all I know is what I have read over the past few days. I used to be an engineering tech where I did a lot of soldering for other people, but I haven't done much designing myself. I decided to go with the solens because I read that a lot of people used them. This is the first amp that I have attempted to mod as well.
Old 19th February 2008, 08:21 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

I have been doing much reading here. I am putting in some new input caps but I am unsure which to go with right yet. So off to do more reading. thx for your help.

Hide this!Advertise here!