Super Tamp now has board Version B

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
DSC00158.jpg

Here is a picture of the Ver:B board.

I plan on swapping out the input caps for 2.2 micro farad Solens, adding a 10000 micro farad stiffener cap, replacing the onboard tank power capacitor with something around 3000 micro and adding some small caps to the output terminals. I also am going to adhere a heatsink directly to the chip and add a variable 13.5V 12A regulated power supply.

I was told replacing the input caps on the Super T's can help alot with improving the sound. Are Solens good caps for this job? I am just getting into the Amp modding this is why I am asking all the questions thank you for your help and if you feel like musing about other mods for this unit ...feel free.

To be quite honest all I know is what I have read over the past few days. I used to be an engineering tech where I did a lot of soldering for other people, but I haven't done much designing myself. I decided to go with the solens because I read that a lot of people used them. This is the first amp that I have attempted to mod as well.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.