Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th September 2009, 03:07 AM   #71
troystg is offline troystg  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckapound View Post
Yep, the amp 32 is hard. I just bought a stereo microscope to help with the small surface mount stuff. Really designed for robots to build. Hard for humans, especially with old eyes.

You shoulda seen the mess I made trying to put that amp 32 together with silver solder. Got it working, though.

--Buckapound
I built 3 but I haven't tested them yet.. Still scared I guess. Never had a build fail yet and don't want this to be my first...
Old 13th September 2009, 01:55 PM   #72
diyAudio Member

i had a bisquit of a time finding the the assembled amp 6, and even after i did, i can no longer find specs for it. what is the output power? isn't it just another one of their scrawny 15wpc variations? i'm pretty sure it is because it's 14v and from what i recall, any of their amps with any guts are 30v+.

i want AT LEAST 50wpc, especially now that i have to return the pyle speakers because they can't be 93dB. my tiny little superzeros sound just as loud and even have more bass extension.

if i thought i could make it work with batteries, i'd just buy a blaupunkt 50wpc class D car amp, but those are supposed to have at least 20 amps at 12v.

it's too late anyways... it's already started raining here. my entire cruising season has been totally wasted. i think i'll just move to a 1st floor apartment next year so i can build my 500w trailer system like i've indended to since i bought all of the parts and started building it LAST YEAR.

maybe i should have just bought a common 50wpc class A/B module instead of trying so hard to chase the impossible dream of a 50wpc class D module that just isn't going to happen.

Last edited by budget minded; 13th September 2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 13th September 2009, 09:31 PM   #73
troystg is offline troystg  United States
diyAudio Member

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh..

The ship of failure floats on a sea of excuses. < I don't know where I read this and Google didn't give an original author.>

The project was doomed from the beginning.

A friends "signature":

xxx
www.MagnaOwnersOfTexas.com
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
"Pay it forward"
"Mental attitude plays a far more
important role in a person's success
or failure than mental capacity"
Old 13th September 2009, 09:45 PM   #74
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by troystg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fb View Post
There's someone on the 41hz forums who builds modules for a fee - don't know about payment method
Be careful with that.. You get what you pay for...
I see a misunderstanding - there are builders over at 41Hz that build FOR A FEE - i.e. a small price - not for free.

On another tangent ... there is an engineer mantra that I like:
Build it wrong, but build it
Old 14th September 2009, 10:12 AM   #75
diyAudio Member

again... after all of the scamming i've dealt with at ebay, i won't deal with third parties. i'd only buy an assembled AMP 5 directly from 41Hz. dealing with individuals is just asking for trouble.

i'm just going to move next year and roll with my 500w trailer with front and back plasmaspere amps, a light tower with EL wire & color morphing LEDs with 4 LED projectors on top and possibly laser projectors too. i have a whole winter to plan and purchase.

if only the new railing system didn't block me in, i could have the trailer rolling in just a couple hours worth of final assembly. the "on bike" system was just a compromise. 500w bi-amped with a 10" sub & full party lighting is much better.

if you can't raise the bridge... lower the water, or in this case, the apartment. it's an expensive solution, but i don't like a few of my neighbors anyways.

Hide this!Advertise here!