Single 300volt rail Class D amplifier? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th February 2008, 08:22 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Z
Laugh if you want, but you could even use one of those little 5V 1W-2W filterless class D amps from TI as the modulator and just add the feedback but keep the DC in mind.

Dave

I was considering using one of these as the controller circuit:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2watt-D-Class...QQcmdZViewItem

would that be doable?

would it be possible to use one of these to run some fets, off a higher rail voltage? or, would I still need split rails?
Old 5th February 2008, 07:13 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

There is a real market requirement out there for a class-D amplifier design that will provide an output voltage of 350V pk-pk or so. Commercial amplifiers available to feed 100V line systems for PA and voice-alarm ceiling speakers are constrained in size by the step-up output transformers required to feed the 100V rms signal to the speaker line. (I know 100V rms is only 283V pk-pk but headroom needs to be allowed for real audio waveforms).

Of course, for this type of application the effective load for a 200W amp will only be 50 Ohms, so the current levels are quite low. A high-voltage amp to feed 8 Ohms would be a very different matter!
Old 5th February 2008, 07:37 AM   #13
Eva is offline Eva  Spain
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Eva
I'm currently doing 400V class D. Check this thread out:

Self oscillating fun

The prototype shown in that thread is more or less working (there are some faults to fix), but development is currently in standby because I have to complete other projects first.

Hide this!Advertise here!