Dead bel canto channel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disclaimer - I'm not a tech, have never built an amp, but do know which way to hold a soldering iron. That's about it!

I have an eVo4 (200.4 actually, but inside they're identical) that stopped working on one side last night after I swapped speaker cables. It's running in bridged mode, via XLR inputs. I've checked the cables and they're fine.

There's no audio output from the left side (channel 3+4).

The red LED on the front panel is not lit up, there's no smoke, no bulging caps or charred components inside.

I reconfigured it to 4 stereo (non-bridged) and measured for DC output on the terminals, 1-3 have 5 or 6 mV, channel 4 has 12-13mV DC. This is with no input connected. Are there other tests I can do to figure out where the problem lies and how to fix it? I have been in touch with John Stronczer at bel canto, he suggested to measure for DC on the outputs but indicated a much higher value (2.4V) would mean that the channel was dead.

Hopefully (will try soon) channels 1+2 can still drive my monitors until I figure out and fix the problem, I don't know if I want to risk my monitors by trying channels 3+4.

Some people on another forum recommended this one for help in troubleshooting and fixing the problem I'm hoping its something simple and cheap.

The modules inside say: bel canto eVo 200-03A module. Are these still readily available?

I've searched this forum, but didn't find anything else that seemed to help.

Any ideas as to what more I can do to find the problem?

Best regards,
Thor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.