Tripath Coupling Bypass Cap Test Bed Query

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have slowed my testing on various bypassed input caps because of some of the comments regarding my test bed. I have given a lot of thought to the various implementation schemes.

The way the test bed is currently configured I can place the electrolytic to be bypassed about 2-inches from the input on the PCB. The bypassed can then be switched in via a rotary switch. This rotary switch adds another 6-inches of Teflon clad wire between the bypass caps and the input cap.

It has been pointed out to me that the bypassed caps should be as close as possible to the PCB. I can place the bypasses closer to the PCB and switch in various input caps, but this approach limits the bypasses that can be tested. This approach requires me to solder each set of bypasses and to hardwire them in to the circuit. This limits my variability and requires considerable time to set up.

What has made my testing to date manageable was the ability to compare one cap against another. Soldering and manually switching just takes time and basically just slows me down.

So, I just would like input from those that my be able to propose an alternative that that will make the test viable and the test bed flexible.

Help!

Possible Topologies to Test

When I undertook the original Tripath input coupling capacitor tests, I tested only the caps I had on hand. During my testing caps and circuits were donated for testing. The caps I have immediately available for bypassing are extremely limited and not up to "modern" audiophile standards.

I am looking for recommendations for bypass caps. I have plenty of input caps I just need suggestions on bypass caps.

Considering, how inexpensive bypass caps are I am willing to purchase a few topologies. I am willing to make an order from Digi-Key.

If you have a bypass topology that you would like to have tested that is available from Digi-Key please send and email of the proposed topology and the Digi-Key part number to:

Davet.diy@hotmail.com.

I don't have the time or the inclination to order from numerous sources. Contact me via the above email address for any proposed topologies for donation or loan.

Test results will be posted under the original Tripath Input Coupling Capacitor thread.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.