looking for pmh3000 behringer power mixer schematics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This amp sound good untill clipping, when it "cracks". No emi problem, regarding mix of decoupling caps, but 4 layer PCB. I havet a version of PMH5000 with IRF640N (unlike in the sch atached, with IRF640).
The opto-limiter is not so good with transient distorsion (cracks), but i have implemented a hard clipper, regarding suply voltage, just like in QSC PL6, with very good results.

Hello Everyone,

Can anybody tell me witch voltage the SPS400 (SMPS power supply of the Behringer PMH/PMP1000) supply to the output stage? I got one from a friend, but the power supply is been totally fried. I would like to test the output stage with an normal transformer before i buy a new SMPS supply. Thank you very much!

For the PMH3000;
A blown PSU. 2 SMD resistors with value 0.047 Ohm are open.
A diode is gone to. A cap 4.7u/450V has bursted.
A schematic of the psu would be handy and very much appreciated if it could be mailed.

The amp is the same as of the PMH5000 and I not checked yet.
Schematic of the 5000 is available, but no psu in it.

Cheers,
Tarzan

Hi. I don't suppose you could send me a schematic of the DPA300-2 circuit. The PMH1000 set of schematics has the power amp in the set of schematics, but the circuitry does vary from the PMH to the PMP. There are different components designated. Ihave a Behringer PMP1000.
The SMPS is te same, and this has been repaired ok. It sends power great to the power amp....it fires up for about 15 seconds after the Speakon relay kicks in but fizzles out to a crackle in the very far background...when you power down, then power back on after say 2 seconds...the same happens.

I once worked for a depot station...

and I can tell you what goes wrong with the mixer output modules. The output IRFs blow and they take out the .1 ohm resistor in the heat shrink tubing. If that doesn't fix it, you may have an open trace in the middle. Its a multilayer board (5 layers I think). You'll need a schematic if thats it. I've never seen any trouble with the front end D to A converter on these. Some I have been unable to fix however and had to order a new module. Good luck.

all fixed

I replaced the IRF's (640's and 9640's...all of them as a matter of course, only cost pennies) Prior to this...quite right, 2 of the negative rail .01ohm resistors were open. There was a cracked trace with one of the (15v)Z.diodes. All done and powering on and giving great output.
The PMP1000 shematics differ from the PMH1000 schematics when it came to the power amp. Thanks for your input

More Info

The PMP series uses a different amp module from the PMX (or PMH) series thats supposed to be more reliable. The PMX2000 is a box mixer and uses bipolar outputs (1943/5200). Those are real fun to take apart.

Most problems on the mixer board is due to a bad input opamp (4580). Make sure there is no dc on pins 1 or 7. And 4 and 8 should have + and - 15.
An apparant loss of one channel is usually a bad output fader. Its the only stereo one in the board. Looks just like the mono faders. Changing pots or faders requires removal of all knobs and nuts from the front of the board. (Its helpful to make a crude map of the knob colors to speed re-assembly.)

If the SMPS won't come on after repair, the problem is usually one or more bad diodes on the secondary side. They'll check good on a meter but simply won't work at the 80kHz coming out of the transformer.

Overall its a good board for the money. I like it better than the Mackie since the opamps are accessible. (To change an opamp on a Mackie, it requires dissassembly from the front panel.)

The email of their service dept is Servusa@Behringer.Com. Haven't used it in quite a while so it may not work any more. Good luck.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.