Class-d for a 1kw PA amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been looking into some sort of class-d amp for PA use. Something that will do around 500W into 4 ohms per channel and 2 channels. Basically something like a QSC RMX but doesn't weigh 20kg. :)

So far I've looked into building the 41Hz AMP8 kit with a 800W SMPS which gives +-60v. It wasn't until I came on here I realised that there are other things around.... Hypex, Coldamp, etc.

Is there a site which has a list of all the higher power class-d amps? I've seen a few more class-d amps from lesser known people (class-d.net for example), and I was wondering if these are also worth considering?

In practice, with full-range music signals, a SMPS capable of 800W continuous with current limiting and enough storage capacitance, you could power four or more 500W channels. Class D is efficient, speakers are reactive and music uses little power.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.