what do you think?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was wondering if anyone has had experience with a TDA8920BTH
it is a class D amplifier IC and it is amazingly powerful... Like WOW
it has quite nice sound, even for a class D but im just wondering what people think of it, as i quite like it
heres the specs http://www.chipcatalog.com/Datasheet/3499B25137E21DA71A527BFCFF308801.htm
i am running it bridged, and ther is 2 IC's on the board, so there is 2 effective channels, not 4
it runs on -+30v rails with 2 8000uF caps

thanx haydn

is sony DAV bravia dream home system a class D amp ?

is sony DAV bravia dream home system a class D amp ?

( S-Master Full Digital Amplifier , such as Sony DAV-FX10 , Sony Bravia Theater DAV-HDX500 , DAV-FX900W )

they give out 143w per channel.

the problem is it separates bass from front/rear L/R channels. it seems it only output >200HZ to front/rear L/R channels. the bass (< 200hz ) is output from a separate bass channel.

can we modify it so it can give our full range freq for L/R channels .it will be a very interesting amp compared to T-amp.

h3ad said:
you will probly find it is a setting in the menu
i have a few home theater receivers and they hav options like that eg. fullrange/ no sub, >120hz/sub <120hz and fullrange/sub <120hz

haydn
-----------------for full range , did you ever compare its sound quality to T-amp ? how does it perform ? i am very interested in this comparison.

just something i assumed, never used a sony bravia amp, i think they are a ripoff for what u actually get

but bow i am on the subject; u would think that an amp that costs more than most of the same in its league would have at least that feature hey??

haydn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.