Most cost effective active set up ? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th November 2007, 03:56 PM   #1
jerryo is offline jerryo  Isle of Man
diyAudio Member

Default Most cost effective active set up ?

Hi, I am still looking for the most cost effective amp set up for a pair of Linn Isobarik speakers. ( 6 drive units on each channel,these being paralleled bass, mid and treble giving a 4ohm load on each). I would like to build something from the ESP site as it is by far the best website concerning amplification, however I am wondering whether it would be possible to use the Tripath 4 channel amp from 41Hz ( amp 9) This has the power supply on board and is very compact so will easily sit on the back of the speakers. I envisage 1 channel for the treble, 1 for the mid-range and either 1channel for each of the 2 bass drivers or paralling 2 channels to feed more power to the bass drivers. What do think, and what sort of sound quality difference would there be between the Amp 9 and say the P101 mosfet amp from ESP? Obviously the Amp 9 would be by far the easiest to construct and set-up and be the cheapest but if it will not do the job then I will go for some ESP.( I will be using Behringer active crossovers) I look forward to you opinions. Cheers.

Hide this!Advertise here!