fullbridge carrier class d ideas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There is nothing wrong with feedback, your problem seems to be that you are unable to get a decent power stage working... And a full bridge with a fragile IC such as HIP4080 doesn't make things easier.

You also seem to lack important tools such as a decent workbench to work comfortably and a current limited symmetrical power supply (may be DIY) to avoid frying things on small mistakes.

This will go into etching tomorrow:
simpleFBdampbrd.png

I have chosen a switching freq of approx 200KHz and estimated possible power output to 250W from a 33V supply. The 7815 can handle 35V so i cannot run very much power due to that.

What do you think would be good values for the deadtime resistors, 10k ?

Eva said:
And a full bridge with a fragile IC such as HIP4080 doesn't make things easier.

This is weird... I had also considerd the HIP4080 for a project that never left the planning stage.

I've had some reliability issues with other devices from Intersil, formerly known as Harris.
But what has been your experience with the HIP4080? I had thought this device was OK. I may be completely wrong, though.

Tekko said:
This is an idea that i dreamt up last night.
[

Tekko;
To generate your VDD voltage, which is VCC/2, I would use a TLE2426 precision ground reference from TI.

Also tho generate the traingle wave, select an opamp with symmetrical output swings on the comparator output. And at 200 Khz, you may also be hitting the slew rate limits of the TL082.
Otherwise, the trainglewave may be nonlinear. And remember, nonlinearity means distortion.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.