My Class D Schematic... Will it work? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th November 2007, 04:52 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

I'm trying to get 2.5 amplitude. I can get a 10khz but when I design for the desired It will give me like 130K instead of 180-200K
Old 19th November 2007, 03:34 AM   #12
thefish is offline thefish  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by maverick_123
thefish can u supply me with a schematic of your design. My email is kyu333@gmail.com. thanks and good luck with your project
Sorry for the late reply, but the schematic attached to my post shows the triange generator I am using.
Old 19th November 2007, 03:49 AM   #13
BWRX is offline BWRX  United States
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Hello everyone I'm working on a triangle generator for a class D amplifier so far I tried the LM566(discontinued) and the NTE994m(discontinued) now this two are gone and I can't get anything that will work. I have tried the 8038 bt I cant get the 180Khz to 200Khz that I desired. Does anyone know what other options are out there?
You could make a discrete triangle wave generator from constant current sources that charge and discharge a capacitor. A square wave could control the switch between charging and discharging current sources.
Old 19th November 2007, 12:02 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to raidfibre
Quote:
I'm trying to get 2.5 amplitude. I can get a 10khz but when I design for the desired It will give me like 130K instead of 180-200K

A lot of times the capacitor values for these frequencies are fairly small, and the actual value of a capacitor can often vary by 10-20%. Also if you are doing this on a breadboard you have to add in the very high parasitic capacitance of the breadboard, which will likely lower the frequency and make everything pretty crappy looking to boot.

-
MK

Hide this!Advertise here!