Sure-Electronics.com class d amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
This was discussed briefly under the thread "Class D on ebay". Nobody in that thread had bought one yet--just guesses as to what chip is used. The single supply suggests a TI chip, but it's got an analog input, which means it probably isn't TI.

I put one on order Oct 26. When it comes in I'll dissect it and post results.

Re: Re: Photos

Neil Davis said:

Hmmm...I would have taken off that heatsink within 5 minutes of opening the package. :devilr: Inquiring minds need to know!

Mine was supposedly shipped on Nov 1 but it hasn't shown up yet.
I guess I wasn't curious enough, I didn't want to mess with potentially stripping and replacing the thermal paste or whatever might be in there. At least until I've had a chance to listen to it for a while.

Mine was also shipped the 1st - I think they finally got them in stock then - and arrived in Boston on the 6th, kind of surprising.

I asked the eBay seller what manufacturer made that chip and the response was that it was "custom."

Dear xxx,
Thanks a lot for your letter. This amplifier assembled a custom module, did not use amplifier chips. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Best wishes.
Sure Electronics

I got the same response. It struck me as somewhere between unlikely and impossible - what do people think?

Back to the power rating for a minute, it's listed at 100W in the title, but that's probably at 10% THD or something. Spec is 75W / ch with 1% THD into 4 ohms. And typically that's an exaggerated number, under ideal conditions (at the frequency that gives the highest output), rounded up.

BTW, any thoughts on how to bridge this? Nothing that will short it out, since I'd be stupid enough to try it without knowing what I was doing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.