Full Digital Speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have attached a picture of an early prototype...
They are still working on it, of course, but its sound is pretty decent. Promising work.

Koon, go for it mate! It certainly is an interesting project. ;)

Attachments

• ar.jpg
    ar.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 1,101
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
By all means go for it!

We are just trying to tell you it's a lot harder than you think. If it weren't, these things would be all over the place.

But do build one, it's such a cool idea. I tried and failed, but that doesn't mean that you will. :D

I wrote board but too complicated, too large. It should be more simple.

Let's make 5V single supply circuit.
amplifier section will use TPA311, TI's small amplifier.

I need voltage reference, and positive/negative side driving voltage.
Attached circuit can make 1/2Vdd adjusted positive/negative driving signal. (one switch will supply driving signal to each bit section).

Then each bit section can be driven single 5V power supply.
(switch selects between 1/2Vdd and driving signal)

Attachments

• 5v_drive.png
    5v_drive.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 565
I know this is only vaguely related, and I don't know if such a think exists, but is it not possible to produce a direct digital speaker driver, by having multiple coils? Eg for a 16 bit speaker, you'd have 16 coils, with 1 turn, 2 turns, 4 turns, 8 turns, etc. Or simply have identical coils, but drive them with successively larger voltages/current?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.