i want to make an amplifier to support 1800 watts max

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
the drivers r 15" 900 watts each i have 2 and would like to bridge them mono or would stereo b better not sure?
they r 8 ohms each but 4 ohms if mono correct?
i want it for lowpass frequencies um not much cash to spend bout $200 wut r som recomindations n schematics plz help
i also want to make a hi n mid pass amplifier also but later but will need lots of help so be prepared to be asked alot of questions
thanx

Bwahaaahaaaaa!

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Please allow me to rephrase the question:

"Dear DIY Audio,

I really don't know how to communicate properly in text, but here's what I want: I would like someone to step in and provide me with all the information I need to build a 2kW class D amp for $200. I have no clue how to do this, so you must help me a lot along the way. I have two 15'' drivers that are specified as handling 900W each. I'm not aware that these are car audio drivers, and that they'll probably burn at 100W countiously in real life."

Dude, what you need is: Money, patience and knowledge. You seem to have neither. I can assure you that $200 will get you nowhere near those power levels. If you scrounge, you might be able to get 2x100 watts for that sum.

With $200 you will easily pay the parts, but even $5000 seem a bit short to pay the knowledge (it's either this or a learning process lasting several years). You are asking for something that is not easy to achieve.

On he other hand, you could try to find some bargain class D car sub amp on ebay... (or try to learn to read and write proper English first ;) )

You lot are too cruel.
Unfortunately you're also honest.

Sha,
you have not a hope of achieving this without some/lot of knowledge.
Don't bother with trying to parallel your existing 8ohm drivers. Dedicate an amplifier to each. That way you ONLY need 1kW per driver.
Now if you build four amplifiers and bridge them, then a starting point for your 1.8kW total is 500W into 4r0 which when bridged becomes 1kW into 8r0.
Two sets of bridged amplifiers give your target.

But, I must ask the question:- which auditorium are your driving?
Is your target sensible or is it based on the nonsense that in car/truck users seem to think is necessary?

i have think about high power damp for a long time
more than 1kw,
i think class-h is far away better than the class-d
we have design a 1400w (3 level, 1400w to 8ohm and 2000w to 4ohm )class-h amp ,is very good for high load 8ohm, thd=0.01% at 400wrms.

class-d is good for high current output but not good for high voltage output ,
class-h is good for high voltage, but not good for high current.

in fact class-H is not very hot , and lower and lower noise than class-d.
eva, sorry for my poor english , i learn it myself.

rg
fumac

Eva said:
Hi fumac

You should see the 400V class D stuff I'm working in ;) See the Self oscillating fun thread.
BTW: I also learnt English mostly by myself.

yes good job eva, you are the Queen here , :)

Originally posted by fredos
Fumac...Not really hard or impossible to get hight current or hight volatge, or booth togheter...Just think how to do it right...Maybe not with basic topology of class d!
[/B]

fredos thanks for your advice.

i'm thinking about this for a long long time , perhap i will try a transforma output stage for high votage.

best rg

fumac

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.