Using UCD with half bridge power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mainly just on an experimental basis, I would like to try the Hypex 400-Watt module with a half wave power supply, just so I can try it out before spending on the ideal transformer. Any huge pitfalls? I know there is a disadvantage in terms of ripple voltage.

Along the same line, I notice that the UCD400 module has a 65 dB ripple rejection. How does that stack up against typical Class-AB?

Half-bridge or half-wave? Those are two different things from my understanding.

I think Brian got the impression you meant half-bridge as in a single supply. To me it looks like you meant half-wave as in only two diodes in the rectifier and a single secondary, but still a dual supply(voltage doubler?).

Which is it?

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
theAnonymous1 said:
I think Brian got the impression you meant half-bridge as in a single supply.

Whoops! For some reason I read that as half power supply and thought fdeck meant single rail supply. I need to read a bit more carefully... Thanks for catching that Anonymous1.

fdeck, using a full wave voltage doubler with a single secondary transformer is doable but certainly not the best way to get a split rail supply.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.